29

A/n: I'm so sorry this took forever!! I've been playing pokemon unite I'm so so sorry.

~~~~~~

Naruto and his friends picked up their mess at the park and were heading back to his house to hang out. Naruto's chest had stopped hurting while they picked up, but his mind was now playing tricks on him. It told him that he shouldn't have done what he did because he still loved the young brunette. It replayed the image of a scared, bloody nose Sasuke making Naruto's chest ache. Naruto took a big breath before letting it go and staring out to the park where Iruka was calming Kakashi. He smiled sadly at the two wishing he could've been like that with Sasuke. He shook the daydream away and followed his friends out of their hiding spot. He carried the picnic basket as he stared at the sidewalk while walking. His mind told him he was stupid for making Sasuke hurt the way he did. That it should've been him because he wasn't pure anymore. That Sasuke shouldn't have been with someone who nearly failed school if it wasn't for Sasuke helping him. Naruto's throat began it clog as a frog slowly grew in it. His eyes watered but no tears spilled as he pushed his way to the front of his group. He didn't want his friends to see him cry.

As the four of them continued down the path to the gate they were stopped by Neji. The brunette was looking around with his hand shading his sensitive eyes from the sun until he spotted the group. His eyes burned a hole into Naruto's face as they neared. Naruto could tell he was being glared at by the long-haired boy. Naruto swallowed the frog in his throat and blinked the tears away. He needed to look like nothing bothered him. Choji had pulled Naruto behind him as they walked past the brunette.

"I hope you're happy." Neji spat and turned back to searching for Sasuke.

Naruto hung his head as more negative thoughts came. Kiba stuck his tongue out at Neji as he walked by. Shikamaru rolled his eyes at his boyfriend. Once they were out of the park they turned left to take the short way to Naruto's house that avoided Sasuke's house. The group switched from topics as they walked, but Naruto hadn't joined in on any of the conversations. Shikamaru noticed this and sped up to catch up to him. He didn't say anything, but he accidentally bumped into Naruto's shoulder so he knew he was there. Naruto looked to the young genius and smiled before looking away. Kiba and Choji were now fighting for the last chip in the BBQ bag.

"I'm heading home. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here." Shikamaru said whispering the last bit for only Naruto's ears.

Naruto didn't even nod as Shikamaru walked away. Naruto opened up his home and let his friends in first. Kiba and Choji immediately hopped onto the couch and set up the TV to play their games. Naruto shut the door with a sigh. He placed his head in his hand and walked to the kitchen to clean up the dishes from the picnic.

"You alright?" Kiba asked from the couch.

"Yeah." Naruto lied as he emptied the basket on the table.

Naruto was feeling dizzy now. His head spun with all the thoughts that should've and shouldn't have happened. He was hot from sitting outside in the sun, he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, and he was feeling pain in his heart but wasn't sure why. Before he knew it he had fallen over. His world went dark.

Kiba and Choji called out to him. When Naruto didn't answer back they rushed over to the kitchen to find Naruto on the tiled floor passed out. Quickly working around the broken dishes Kiba picked Naruto up carefully avoiding the glass. Choji swept up the broken dishes before wetting a clean washrag with cold water. He followed Kiba into the living room and placed the rag on Naruto's forehead. Kiba had called Iruka through Naruto's phone and explained what happened.

The two teens took turns watching over Naruto and wetting the rag. They had turned on the cieling fan hoping some air would wake their friend. Choji had gotten a glass of water and placed it on the coffee table. Kiba unlocked the door to let Kakashi and Iruka back in. They've been told to lock the door even if it was annoying to unlock it again.

Iruka sat beside Naruto and checked his pulse. Kakashi disappeared into his bedroom. Choji and Kiba were standing to the side unsure of what to do now. Naruto groaned as he was coming to now.

"Naruto! Are you okay? Do you know what happened?" Iruka asked as he helped Naruto sit up.

Choji handed the glass of water to Naruto who thanked him.

"Yeah. I'm okay, I think I just had a lot of stuff in my head." Naruto smiled and took a sip of water.

"Is it about Sasuke?" Iruka asked.

Naruto looked at his adopted father like he was crazy. He shook his head to get rid of the fuzzy feeling in his head. Iruka sighed and stood up.

"Are you two staying for dinner?" Iruka asked Naruto's friends.

They nodded and gathered around Naruto. The older brunette left the friends to care for his son as he left to get dinner ready. Kakashi came back out his room looking much calmer. He checked up on Naruto before pulling his nose as one would do to a kid.

Kiba and Choji were now holding up controllers to the game and Naruto quickly hopped up to the idea. They sat on the couch claiming they'll win the match. They laughed and made jokes. Iruka came out with snacks and Choji auttically dug in.

"I bet Sasuke would be angry at how you're playing Sheika." Kiba laughed.

Wondering about the name again Naruto asked, "Who's Sasuke?"