I'm leaving

" say that again" I asked.

" I said what are you going to give me if I let you take my son ? " she repeated.

" are you kidding me right now. so your saying I have to pay you to take my bother ?"

" So what. Don't act like you pay bill because you don't. your lucky I ain't kick your ass out just like your cheap ass sisters "

" what ever. How much are you talking about ?" I asked.

" Let's see well imma go easy on you for awhile cuz I know you ain't got shit . $ 350 each month I want my money on the 3rd not the 4th. If you don't have my money Im calling the cops and taking my son" she said walking away with a big ass grin thinking she got over on me.

" you should be happy I'm taking him you don't have to feed him , take him to school , nothing cuz I got him. your greedy thats all. So how about I just let you keep that check you getting from my dad each month." I said

She was all ears now.

" its called child support dummy he suppose to give me money. He ain't here and that funky ass check ain't doing shit for me". She said.

" That money is suppose to be for me, me not you. its called child support to support the child not your ass. you do nothing for your kids '' I said getting teary eyed.

" you know what imma let you keep him till you turn 18 after that you either pay me or bring my son back to me "

" why 18 ?. I asked.

" just get out my house".

you ain't got to tell me twice I thought as I walked to my room and grab some bags for Von and my clothes.

30 minutes later we was all packed up and ready to go but to where ?

'' where are we going ?'' Von asked as we headed up the street.

'' To Jakayla's house " .

" we are , we are ? '' he asked excited because he had the most biggest crush on my best friend.

" yea , we are " I said laughing at my little brother.

couple minutes later we was in front of Jakayla's door

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

" who is it ?" jakeem asked .

this shit again I thought.

" me" !!

" who me ?"

" shy" I yelled

he opened the door and said.

" what are you doing back here ?. Can't get rid of your ass. what up little man." He said giving Von dap.

" yea what ever" I said dryly .

'' why your eyes red ?" He asked me.

" Jakayla up stairs?'' I said ignoring his question .

" naw she ran to the store right quick. Now answer my question"

I couldn't take it any more I just bust into tears like a big ass baby .But at that moment I couldn't care less.

yo, Von go in my room and play the ps3 its already running.'' Jakeem said .

Von took flight up them stairs.

jakeem took my hand and led me to the couch and had me in a big bear hug

" so do you wanna talk about it ?" he asked

" no , not really"

" I respect that " he said hugging me tighter.

5 minutes later Jakayla walk in with a lil black bag from the corner store.

"What are you doing back ?" She asked eyeing both jakeem and Me because we were so close .

" Can me and Von stay here ? I asked. This was not the time to be sugar coating things .

" ummm.... Sure but what happen ?"

" I will tell you later"

" how bout now" she said pulling my hand so I could get off the couch ,but jakeem still had me hugged up.

" let her go jakeem" Jakayla said

" alright, but when you done come in my room I wanna talk to you " jakeem said

"Okay"

Jakeem got up and walked up to his room where Von was playing the game.

" what was that all about ?"

" what ?" I asked

" you..my brother.. him saying meet me in my room when you done " she said mocking him.

" so ?"

" have my brother ever tried to talk to you ?" She asked

" NO WHY YOU ASK THAT ?"!!!

" because he act like he Like you. He always asking me when you go turn 18"

" what does that have to do with anything "

" I don't know I just know my brother. So what happen ? "

I told Jakayla everything when I was done her mouth was wide open.

" so she tried to sell you my baby daddy. Jakayla said referring to Von . She knew Von had a crush on her, so she refers to him as her future baby daddy.

I laughed " yup shit crazy "

" who you telling let me go see my baby daddy " Jakayla got up and headed for the stairs I followed behind.

" Bo Bo " Jakayla said opening jakeem door.

" Kayla " Von said running and giving her a hug.

" what you been doing ?"

"Chillin" he replied

" awww you so cute come on you want some ice cream ? " she asked him as they walked out the room.

" wow" jakeem said

" wow what ?"I asked.

" naw. lil nigga just left me for my sister" he said laughing .

I sat on the side of his bed .

" so why did you want me to come in your room ?" I asked.

" why was crying ?"

" because....." I started but didn't want to Finnish .

He came closer to me so that we was face to face.

" you know seeing you hurt ....... It hurt me too."

" how so ?"

" I don't like seeing people I care about hurt "

No response.

I didn't know what to say at the moment cat had my tongue. Then the next minute jakeem had my tongue.