Chapter 45

Faye

I was positive that my lungs had abandoned me because I suddenly lost the ability to breathe. Hope like a rainbow after the rain prospered in my chest as I watched him stood behind the microphone. I did a couple of blinks just to check if he was real, and he was. He never disappeared.

"But before anything else, I'd like to call the attention of Mr. and Mrs. Harris," he said, confusing us all. He darted his eyes towards my puzzled parents. "I'm sorry to crash your party, but I can't let this thing go on anymore. I'm inlove with your daughter and I don't want to just sit around and watch as she marries another guy."

Loud gasping and buzzing dominated the air.

Then his eyes found me. "Faye, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have left you. It was all just a dream, but we can make it into reality, right?"

I became as frozen as the road outside. My mind was racing with things I wanted to say. They were so many that I became speechless and as if paralyzed. Suddenly, the foyer felt like a trial court and I was the accused. Everyone was staring at me, judging and ripping my soul.

"I'm sorry, Faye. Please, come with me and I'll explain to you everything," Bruno pleaded.

"Young man, get out or I'll call the cops," Mr. Wilson threatened.

Kyle looked at me sideways, disappointment crumpling his handsome features. I looked at my mum. My dad. Eleanor. Dianne. Mrs. Wilson. They all had the same expression as Kyle except for my sister who seemed to have encouragement twinkling in her eyes once we made eye contacts.

"Don't you want me to sing first?" was Bruno's reply to Mr. Wilson as he played innocent which I thought was not a very clever idea.

"Get that asshole out of my house!" Mr. Wilson roared, frightening everyone.

I snapped my attention back to my fiancé-well, not anymore, I guess. "Faye?" Confusion, anger and betrayal all circled in his blue eyes.

"Kyle, I'm-" My words vanished to be replaced by a sharp gasp the instant someone abruptly grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the scene. -sorry.

"Edward! Stop your daughter!" I heard my mum.

"Faye!" Kyle.

"Oh my! What is going on?" Mrs. Wilson.

The next thing I knew I was running away from the foyer, heading further into the house, Bruno dragging me along with him. He was telling me about a portal that we had to go into before anyone could find it. I can hear the guests panicking behind. My mother was probably about to faint already but we kept going.

"Where are we going Bruno? You realize the door is that way," I said gesturing behind us once we emerged into the living room.

"There! That door to the powder room. That's the portal," he pointed as we sprinted towards the door near the dining area.

I reached the door before Bruno could. I turned the knob, my heart and the veins in my brain booming. Bright illumination blinded my sight as I sprang the door open. I turned to look at Bruno and yelped as I spotted him on the floor, Kyle towering in front of him with a fisted hand.

Bruno scampered to his feet and fought back, throwing his fist to Kyle's stomach, causing his body to meet the floor. Bruno straightened up and stared at the other guy who was in pain.

"Bruno, stop it! Don't hurt him! Let's go!" I was screaming.

Before he turned his back on Kyle, I think he said, "Sorry, man. She's mine." He took my hand and asked, "Do you trust me?"