31. Elementary, my dear Watson

Eivel

With an expressionless face, Sage spoke...

"The killer is..."

Gabi na at malamig ang simoy ng hangin, pero parang naiinitan ako sa sobrang bigat ng tensyon na namimigitan sa amin. Even though I maintained my poker face expression, my heart is still beating too damn fast.

Sage slowly pointed his finger...

In front of himat Sherlock.

"Is you, Sherlock Holmes."

I don't have any idea what the time is right now. The moon is full, its light alone is enough to light the whole surroundings. There was a sudden silent, enough to make us hear the breeze.

Walang buhay ang mga mata ko at deretso ang tingin sa dalawang lalaking magkaharap. Sherlock slowly showed a grin, a creepy one.

"Excellent." 

That one word was enough to bring chills down my spine.

Who would've thought, that the greatest detective himself, and the person who wanted us to solve this case... was the mastermind and the killer?

Umalingawngaw ang pagtawa niya sa buong lugar, dahil tahimik at walang katao-tao, rinig na rinig ang pag-echo nito.

"So, when did you found out?" He mockingly asked Sage.

Walang ganang nakatayo lang sa harapan sa niya si Sage at nanatiling nakapamulsa.

"When I talked to the wife." Deretsong sagot niya.

Bumalik sa isipan ko ang pagtanong ko rin kay Claret, ang asawa ng patriarch. Hindi katulad ni Sage na nalutas na ang kaso nang makausap niya ang asawa ng patriarch, kabaliktaran ang akin, na mas lalong naguluhan nang marinig ang alibi nito.

The gun shots... it appeared out of no where. After all, the patriarch, was stabbed.

"The gun shots... it sounds suspicious and fishy, you might first thought that the wife was definitely the killer." Bigkas ni Sage. "But then, if you heard the chauffeur's alibi, you will either suspect them both... or, suspect, the person who told them that."

"And it's you. The detective, who told them how the patriarch died." He said in a monotone tone.

Like what I've said. All of them... have met the killer.

Lahat sila, ay inaasahan na nandoon kami, alam nilang kami ang mga detective... dahil nakaharap na nila ang detective na nagdala sa amin doon. Kagaya ng nabanggit ni Sage, magulo sa una, pero kapag napagtanto mo ang lahat, magkakaroon na ng kahulugan ang mga sinabi nila.

Hindi nagsisinungaling ang mga sinabing suspect, bagkus, ang detective na nagsabi sa kanila.

Natural lang na paniniwalaan nila ang detective na may hawak sa kaso. If the detective told them the the patriarch died because he was shot, they will think that they didn't heard any gun shots.

"The patriarch was supposed to have a visitor early in the morning... it's you, right?" Muling sambit ni Sage. "I assume that the tea, was supposed to be for you too."

"As far as I can remember, you yourself said that you're one of his good friends."

Habang nagsasalita si Sage, nagkadidikit-dikit na ang pagkakasunod ng mga pangyayari sa isipan ko. I can picture a scene of what happened.

There is no sign that the victim resisted or fought. It only means that he knows who the killer was... it was his friend, the detectiveSherlock.

"Hmm, I see. Clever." Sherlock smirked.

"In conclusion, you killed your friend."

Itininaas ni Sherlock ang hintuturo niya at sumenyas ito na mali ang sinabi ni Sage. "No uh." Hindi nawawala ang ngisi niya sa labi.

"We... had a gamble."

I was taken aback by what he said. He even caught Sage's attention.

"It's a risky one, actually. But yeah, we had a gamble. I'm sure you heard that the patriarch had a bad habit of gambling."

"And last night... was his last bet."

"We bet... our lives."

Muling humithit si Sherlock sa tobacco pipe niya. Inalis niya rin ang suot-suot niyang sumbrelo.

"Do you want to know what was our bet?" He chuckled. Naglabas siya ng isang bagay sa bulsa niya.

A coin.

I suddenly remembered something. That scenario popped inside of my head.

My first meeting with Sage. The jerk also bet his life.

"He bet tails, and heads for me." Hinagis niya sa ere ang barya. "We all know who won."

Pasimple akong napaismid. What a foolish bet, a stupid gamble.

"But at least, he got to feel the excitement you'll feel once in a life time as gambler." Ani ni Sherlock. His expression is changing... he's losing his character.

"That feeling... of knowing that you could die, yet, you can still feel the excitement."

Walang emosyon akong nanonood mula sa pwesto ko, walang buhay ang mga mata.

Looks like we got a Moriarty, impersonating a Sherlock.

Sinalo ni Sherlock ang pahulog na barya. "Well, I commend you." Pag-iiba niya.

He paused for a moment and his expression changed.

"But you haven't solved the case yet..." Kumurba ang isang nakakairitang ngisi sa labi niya. "Where is the murder weapon?"

Muling nagkaroon ng sandaling katahimikan. I glanced at Sage who's just standing on his place, not answering. 

My eyes slowly widened and I felt something in my chest when he slowly looked behindat us.

Nagtama ng ilang segundo ang mga mata namin bago ako marahang napapikit at bumuntong-hininga. Even though he didn't said anything, I already know what his point is.

Freaking game prodigyone man player.

I want to smirk, I want to show him that in the end, he will still rely on us. I want to tell him that  there's 0% chance that he can do this without us. But in the end, I maintained my calm expression.

You can count on us... jerk.

Umangat ang tingin ko at taas noo kong hinarap si Sherlock.

"We have the murder weapon." May tonong sambit ko na nakakuha ng atensyon niya. Nalipat sa amin ni Kid ang tingin niya.

I looked back at Kid and nodded, telling him that it's time.

Humakbang siya papalapit sa tabi ko nang makita siya nang maayos ng dalawang kaharap namin.

Kid took something out from behind, getting all of our attention.

"This is the murder weapon."

✘✘✘