forty two

After you meet back up with the others downstairs, you break away from the guys and follow Hotaru and Saeko to the women's hot spring. You quickly strip down and rush to the warm water. Chills rush up your body at the contact as you slip your feet in; your body almost melts instantaneously.

You sink down all the way to your chin, closing your eyes as you relax into the moment. At the same time, Saeko lets out a deep sigh and disappears completely under the water.

"This feels amazing," Hotaru sighs as she sinks down between you and Saeko. "I think we all really needed this."

"Mhm," you agree as you feel your body begin to acclimate to the heat.

Saeko then pops her head up with a breath of relief. "You're totally right. This was an amazing idea."

"And I bet it'll really help Kuroo and Bo, too," Hotaru adds.

"Hm, speaking of Bo... Are you ready for your night alone with him?" Saeko hums.

You look between her and Hotaru who are looking at you anxiously as they await your answer.

"Oh, come on you guys! There doesn't have to be anything going on, we're just sharing the room! Besides, you both know this isn't the first night I've spent with him!" you defend.

"It's the first night you're spending with him since you both admitted your feelings for him," Hotaru explains before looking over at Saeko who nods in agreement.

You roll your eyes and sink a bit deeper in the water. Are they right? Is something going to happen tonight? I mean it did almost happen last night...

"Do you think you're even ready for that? 'Cause you should be prepared to turn him down if he tries something and you aren't ready..." Hotaru gently expresses.

"I'm not a virgin, Hotaru," you mutter, "and neither is Bokuto. We both know that after spending four years in college together."

"But we're asking if you're ready to do it with him," Saeko clarifies. "You did just confess you loved him..."

"I think I am," you admit, "if last night has anything to say about it..."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that," Hotaru giggles.

"When Kenma interrupted you guys," Saeko grins.

You sigh and shake your head as you remember how Kuroo chewed Kenma out for 'interrupting' you and Bokuto. "I could hear Kuroo yelling at him after, too," you sigh.

"I know! Poor Kenma looked traumatized for a good minute," Hotaru continues to laugh quietly.

"All he wanted was his game, he didn't even interrupt anything! Kuroo didn't have to do that," you grumble.

"Yeah, well it's over with now," Hotaru nods. "But for this time, if you need anything... don't come to us."

Saeko chuckles in agreement. "Yeah, we'll be busy, too."

As Saeko leans in to kiss her future wife, you roll your eyes and dip your head under the water for a moment of peace and quiet. But when you come up, Saeko and Hotaru are laughing loudly. You've got no idea why, you must have missed something while you went under.

 You've got no idea why, you must have missed something while you went under

BOKUTO'S P.O.V.

The second I got into the pool I felt like a thousand pounds were lifted off of my shoulders. I was relaxing with my eyes closed until Kuroo jumps in beside me and completely soaks my face. I groan as I look over at him with his big, stupid grin, and I wipe my eyes.

"Ready for your big night?!" he teases loudly.

"The hell are you talking about?" I grumble as I turn my head away from him, not wanting to talk to him about what I know he's about to bring up.

"As annoying as Kuroo is," Akaashi sighs as he steps into the pool on my right side, "it is a fair question to ask."

I mutter to myself about how damn annoying all of my friends are for a moment for taking a deep breath and answering their question so they'll leave me alone.

"I guess I'll be ready for whatever Y/N wants," I tell them, causing Kuroo's stupid smirk to grow wider.

"That's a good plan," Akaashi nods.

"Well, I'm not going to force her into anything! I'm not that dumb!" I retort.

"Be careful though," Kenma chimes in. "She did go through a lot this week and you have a tendency to be... rough. Not to mention that your legs are completely useless."

"That's for sure," Kuroo chuckles to himself at Kenma's final comment.

"Well, whatever you do, have fun," Akaashi laughs as well.

I narrow my eyes at my best friend, a bit fed up with my best friend for keeping secrets but having the nerve to pry into my life.

"I will," I shout probably loud enough for the girls to hear me, but ignoring the laughs that I get after saying that. "Cause at least I'm not sleeping with some random girl like when you slept with Akane!"

Akaashi stiffens up while Kenma and Kuroo's mouths drop to the floor.

"What the hell," Akaashi grumbles. "Don't tell them that!"

"No way," Kenma whispers. "Seriously?"

Akaashi groans as he turns away from me. "Yeah, well that was before I knew what she was really like."

"Man, she played you," Kuroo laughs. "And you were the one who didn't even want to go yet you got laid first!"

"By Akane, no less. Gross!" Kenma adds.

Akaashi rolls his eyes and swims backwards to get away from the group. Kuroo sighs and shakes his head as he sinks into the pool. "Good luck, man," he tells me.

I'm not really sure why, but that conversation didn't make me feel any better. It wasn't like I was confident before, but now I'm honestly kinda worried that I could be rushing things. Should I have not taken that key from Akaashi?

My stomach then growls from both nerves and being hungry. I sigh as I lean my head back and look up at the sky. I do attempt to try to clear my head of thoughts of Y/N, but how can I after that conversation? It'll probably be all I think about for the rest of the evening...

 I do attempt to try to clear my head of thoughts of Y/N, but how can I after that conversation? It'll probably be all I think about for the rest of the evening