forty

When you get into the camper, you walk towards the back where the boys sleep. In his bed, you find Bokuto laying down with his eyebrows knitted together and his eyes closed. He really does look like he's in pain.

"You don't look so hot," you say softly as you approach him. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine," he sighs. "I just needed to lay down."

Your eyes shift down to his leg where he had been injured, knowing that it's most likely the source of his pain. As you gaze upon his bandages, you notice that they most definitely need to be changed in the dried blood has anything to say about it.

"Lay still," you sigh, "I'm going to change the gauze."

You quickly peel off the old, disgusting layer and clean Bokuto off with a wet towel. He mutters to himself something about the pain quietly, but doesn't complain to you at all. Once he's clean and dry, you wrap his leg up with the new gauze.

"All set," you smile as you look back up at him.

"Thanks," he mutters as he sits up and smiles brightly at you. "I can't wait for it to be healed."

"Hopefully soon," you hum as he gently lifts up his hand and caresses your cheek.

"I'd probably be dead if it wasn't for you taking care of me all the time," he smiles softly. "You saved my life."

"You were only put in that situation because of me," you admit nervously.

"Don't think like that," he whispers. "I'd do anything for you, I don't want you thinking that it was your fault, Y/N."

Just as you give in and admit you agree with a small "okay", he pulls you close to him and thanks you silently as his gentle lips press against your own. He wraps his arms around your waist and slides you onto his lap, being mindful of his injured legs. Your body heats up as he holds you tightly in his arms, his lips warm and soft against your own.

You moan softly as you pull yourself closer to him, tangling your hands into his hair. As he kisses you deeper, he catches your bottom lip in his teeth, biting down hard enough for a wave of pleasure to slide across your body.

You tilt your head to the side and part your lips, slipping your tongue against his, lingering softly to meet with his. He runs his arms up and down your back, taking in the warmth of your body. You know you must look indecent, sitting on top of him as you moan against his touch, but you can't help but sink into the sensation.

When the door to the camper opens, Bokuto pulls away from the kiss and sits you down beside him.

"Don't mind me," Kenma sighs as he reaches over onto his bed, "I'm just grabbing my Switch."

You smile over at Bokuto, though you respond back to Kenma. "That's fine, I was just helping Bo with his leg."

"Yeah, sure, like that's all it was," Kenma mutters as he sighs and walks out of the room. "See ya."

The two of you both chuckle lightly at how absolutely disgusted Kenma sounded. However, you both immediately stop and sit up straight the second you hear Kuroo yell out Kenma's name roughly.

"Kenma! How could you?! You shouldn't interrupt them like that! Do you know how long it's taken them to get this far?!" he shouts as if he wants everyone else at the surrounding campsites to get updated on your relationship status.

You sigh and lay down beside Bokuto. placing your head onto his chest as he lays back as well. He wraps his arm around you, pulling you in even closer.

"You're so beautiful," he hums as he carefully pets your head. "I'm so thankful I have you and for everything you do for me."

You smile as you hug your arms around him tightly. You then look up at him and take in how sweetly he looks down at you, so irresistible that you can't help but lean up and kiss him once more.

He smiles against your lips, once more pulling you on top of him. Your eyes darken as you lower your head and suck delicately at the soft skin of his neck. He hums quietly as his large hands lift up the hem of your shirt and warm fingers trace over your bare skin. In the moment as you lay above him, the sounds of your friends' voices outside fade away. It's as though nothing else in the world exists except the two of you. You don't mind, you wouldn't have it any other way.

After a little while, you find yourself growing tired and lay down against his chest once more. As you're tugged close yet again, your eyes grow heavy. You stare up at the ceiling for a moment or two as you relax, thinking how glad you are for having that anxiety-relieving conversation with him. It feels beyond words amazing to know that you were finally completely honest with your feelings. And it was nice to have the added bonus to know he feels the same way about loving you.

Soon, you allow your eyes to close and before you know it, you've passed out beside him. But Bokuto, still awake, does his best even though he struggles with his injured legs, to keep you warm by placing you under the covers. He still holds you close, but he doesn't want you to freeze in the middle of the night either when he passes out, too. And as long as you're comfortable and happy, so is he.