Chapter 8

Author's Rant:

W-w-WHAAAAAT???

An early chapter!?

And a THICK one at that! Over 5,500 words!

*le gasp*

What is Tara thinking!?

Well, I'll tell you! She is thinking about how amazing her readers are and how incredibly lucky she feels to have support from so many incredible people! She is thinking of new stories and new ways to make you smile. So this early chapter is just a way of saying, "Thank you all so so so much!"

And why is she speaking in the third person?

CUZ SHE CAN!!!!!

*mic drop*

TW in the description
Thank you to rare.candykale for this image!

Luca POV

Alberto snored loudly, his arm draped over Luca's bare chest. Luca grinned at his mate. He usually didn't snore, but the effort of performing the change on command the previous day had taken a toll on him.

Luca slid out from under Alberto's arm, careful not to wake him. He dressed silently then pulled the covers over Alberto's shoulder before turning to leave. But a hand reached out and took his wrist.

"Where you goin?" Alberto groaned only half-awke

"Just getting some early morning air. Go back to sleep love." Luca said gently.

Alberto groaned but let go of Luca's arm.

"Screw the morning. I'll be up in a few hours." He said and rolled over. His snoring resumed moments later.

Luca smiled to himself before silently leaving thier cabin.

The early morning air was humid. The ship rocked hard, causing Luca to lose balance for a moment. The sea was getting rougher the closer they got to their destination.

He looked over the balcony and noticed long, wavy hair blowing in the breeze. Eshe was at the bow of the yacht, leaning heavily on the bars. She leaned dangerously over the railing as the ship rocked, seemingly unable to balance correctly. Her feet delayed in catching herself, sliding lazily on the wooden deck.

Concerned, Luca made his way down the stairs and joined her. He shivered a bit as the cold air blew, ruffling his hair.

"Dobroye turbo Lyagushka." She said as Luca stood beside her.

"Good morning," Luca replied. He did a double-take when he realized the mug in her hand wasn't filled with coffee but an amber-colored liquid that smelled strongly of chemicals. He eyed it wearily.

"Isn't it a little early to drink?" He said cautiously.

"Who said I stopped since last night?" She said, taking another big sip.

Luca realized she must have been drinking through the night. And a lot. He had seen Eshe drink Mattias into unconsciousness without batting an eye. If she was tipsy that meant she was deep in a bottle. Or two.

"Is everything ok?" He asked as she stumbled a little.

"We are only a day away from the location my father gave us. My people will surely be gathered there." Eshe responded.

She took another big gulp, finishing her mug.

"Is there someone there you don't want to see?" Luca prodded.