Chapter 7

TW in the description
Thank you to Inkendz for the art!

Alberto POV

Alberto and Luca rose early that morning, leaving before Giulia arrived for her turn at the wheel. They couldn't bear to face their sisters right now.

"I cannot believe we did that." Luca groaned, rubbing his temples.

"I'm trying not to think about it," Alberto said, looking up at the sky.

They walked on the deck of the ship, the ocean spray hitting them as they approached the railing.

"They heard everything, Alberto!"

"Ah! Stop stop, stop!" Alberto raised both his hands and slapped his cheeks. "I don't want to think about it!"

Luca laughed a little.

"What's so funny?" Alberto asked.

"Your embarrassed face is cute."

"I don't know why you're not more embarrassed. They're your sisters, too, you know."

Luca grabbed him by the front of his shirt, pulling him close.

"But I don't regret a thing, tesaro," Luca said, smiling.

"Me neither," Alberto said and kissed him on the nose.

"Do you mind if I swim? I've wanted to ever since we got out here." Luca said, his eyes looking at the water longingly.

Alberto gave him a long kiss on the forehead.

"Of course," And when he saw Luca hesitate, he added, "When you're done, wave me down; I'll be watching. I'll have Mattias turn the motors off so you can climb back on."

"Are... you sure?" Luca said. "I feel bad."

"Don't." Alberto cut him off. "This is part of our life now. You don't have to feel bad every time you want to swim. Go."

He turned Luca around, smacking him on the butt as he walked away. Luca gave him a flirty grin before diving off the side of the ship.

Alberto watched him disappear in the water, then a moment later, green scales appeared. Luca matched the yacht's speed quickly, jumping in and out of the waves.

"You look like a dolphin!" Alberto yelled down to him.

In response, Luca gave one of his horrible dolphin impressions, like his mother, Daniella. Alberto laughed.

"Dobroye utro."

"Woah!" Alberto spun around, surprised. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

Eshe rolled her eyes.

"Here." She handed him a mug of coffee. "It has all the gross stuff you like in it."

"Thanks." Alberto took a sip. It was perfect.

"So last night," Eshe began, but at the mention of the previous night, Alberto choked on his coffee, sputtering.

Eshe raised a brow at him.

"Are you going to make it? Or will you be the world's first case of drowning in your own coffee mug?"

"I'm fine," Alberto wheezed. "I'm just - I'm uh...." His face was bright red. He didn't know what to say.

But Eshe just laughed at him.

"It's fine. I thought it was funny." She said casually, taking a sip of her coffee.