26. Atlas Icin (ep 29)

Esra awoke to a warm, comforting weight across her waist. She knew even before she opened her eyes that it was his arm - holding her close like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Her eyes fluttered opened, widening briefly at just how close he was, his warm breath fanning her face, her hand on his neck

She trailed her fingers gently down his cheek, the bristle of his morning stubble against her skin sending tiny little shivers down her spine

She trailed her fingers gently down his cheek, the bristle of his morning stubble against her skin sending tiny little shivers down her spine. Her thumb hovered over his lips,  so tempted to trace the shape of that perfect bow. She allowed herself a slow, feathery brush.

He stirred. She stilled.

He turned his face slightly into her palm, his lips parting in a contented smile, his eyes still closed. "Esraa'm" he whispered, his voice sleepy and rough.

She pulled her hand back immediately and his eyes flew open, knowing even before he could meet her eyes that he had caved.

"You called me Esra'm," she said quietly, then added flatly, "I knew you would."

The victory felt hollow though. She was still hurting from the game he'd played with the necklace. The constant back and forth digs at each other at any cost held no appeal to her anymore.

He shook his head, immediately defensive, "Nah, I was playing with you."

Her eyes filled against her will and she turned away from him. "Whatever..."

"Esra..." his arm snaked around her waist, and held her in place, turning her around slowly.

She didn't resist, but her eyes shuttered  close - she couldn't bear for him to see her inner turmoil.

"Esraa'm" he said again, his voice breaking a little with something she almost recognized.

She opened her eyes slowly and stared at him for a beat, looking for what lay under the surface.

"I'm tired of the games, Ozan," she said finally, wearily.

"Ben de."

"I don't want to be hurt anymore. I don't want to drag our precious memories through the mud so we can outdo each other."