17. Closure (ep19)

Picking up from the BTS we've seen of Yusuf's wedding and the fragman where Ozan asked if they can be friends.
They've been invited to Yusuf's wedding - with Yusuf insisting that Ozan be his best man and Meltem and her mother wanting Esra to celebrate with them. Because of course, they still think of them as a married couple. So they agree to drive there and and Esra is gathering up the energy to tell Cinar.

------------------------

Cinar stopped the car outside the cafe. He had taken to dropping her back from work everyday, and Esra was surprised that she found it somewhat suffocating. It seemed like everywhere she turned, he was there. She had not yet told him that they were driving to Yusuf's wedding and she found herself dreading the conversation.

She turned to him. "Cinar," she said hesitantly. "I won't be coming into work tomorrow. I'm going to a friend's wedding."

"Oh that sound fun. Maybe I could come too? You could introduce me to your friends?"

Esra shifted uncomfortably. "Actually I'm going with Ozan. Yusuf is friends with both of us and he's insisted that we go."

Cinar's nostrils flared angrily. "Ozan again. When will he ever leave your side? Or you his," he added snarkily.

"That's not fair," Esra fired back. "It's not either of our faults that we know the same person!"

"Fine, then I'm coming too," he declared, petulantly.

"Cinar, come on! You don't even know them and I can't just take an extra guest."

"Then tell them you can't go," he insisted.

They went back and forth a few times and Esra felt her temper rising exponentially. She tugged at her collar, barely able to breathe inside the car.

"Cinar!" she shouted finally, stopping him mid-sentence.

"Bak, you still don't trust me. And I won't ever let anyone control what I say or do. " Her eyes flashed at him angrily, "I...I don't think this is working out. I'm sorry."

She opened the door and stepped out of the car, walking towards the cafe.

Cinar ran after her, "Esra, I'm sorry! It won't happen again. I promise!"

"Go home Cinar. We are done." Esra said wearily. She really was over it, and was oddly surprised that she felt nothing, except relief.

She heard him rev the car and race out of the Mohalle heatedly, and she breathed a sigh of relief - her step suddenly lighter.

----------

Ozan picked her up outside the cafe and the drove in a comfortable silence. He let her pick the music, joking that at least that way his CD's were safe.

"Sorry," she grinned sheepishly at him. "I'll buy that one for you, I promise."

He turned to look at her, a big smile on his face, and her heart did a little summersault. "It's fine. I have good memories associated with that CD breaking."

They talked about his organic farm app, and Ozan loved this new dynamic with her. They'd never discussed work when they were married, at least never in much detail, but she had so much valuable insight to offer, that he was blown away. He loved they way her mind worked, and she in turn was reminded about the fact that she found his intelligence extremely appealing.

By the time they arrived at the wedding, it was in full swing. They were greeted by hugs and kissed by the entire family, like they were long lost relatives. Esra watched as Ozan danced the zeybek with the groom's brothers and cousins. She had not seen him so happy since...well since the time they danced together when they were married.