Chapter 44

We went for a walk. I wasn't really aware of anything, only of Matt's hand holding mine.
"Icecream?" He asked, holding some up.
I nodded.
"Popcorn?"
I nodded again.
"What do you want Mikayla?" He asked.
I shrugged, I had the only thing I wanted.
We went back to the apartment and Matt picked out some movies to watch, we got comfortable but I couldn't concentrate on anything, well except for Matt.
I turned over on the couch and looked at him. He was watching the screen intently.
"I wish you'd told me." I whispered.
"What?" He asked.
I groaned. "Nothing."
He smiled. "I tried Mikayla, I tried to tell you, hell I tried telling you this morning when we were sitting in the chair."
"You did?" Was I stupid?
"Yes." He said kissing my nose. "I knew I had a problem not long after you started dating that dick."
"Really?" He was talking months, months of wasted time.
"Yes Mikayla, really." He said kissing me. "I couldn't get you out of my head, I tried, I tried staying away from you but I'd always end up coming back to you. When you were sick, I have to admit, I liked it. You were relying on me and you needed me. I liked just spending the day with you and no one else."
I smiled. "I liked it too, but you left and stopped talking to me."
He groaned. "I was trying to get over you Mikayla, like the wedding, I didn't know you'd broken up with Marc so I took a date, it was like a fuck you but then I saw you and I just wanted you again."
"I wish you'd told me sooner." I whispered. "I moved here to get away from you because I didn't think you felt the same way about me as I felt about you."
"I tried telling you not to come if you remember."
I smiled. "Yes but you didn't tell me you wanted me to stay."
"I didn't know if you wanted me to tell you to stay."
"I did." I whispered. "I wanted that more than anything."
"Well I'm here now, and I'm not leaving without you."
I kissed him softly. I was glad, I didn't want him to leave without me.
"So, when did you decide you loved me?" He asked.
"The night after dinner at my house, you came over, we watched a movie."
"Ended up in bed." He finished.
I nodded. That was the exact moment I knew I loved him.
"I was already in love with you then Mikayla, I was just pretending it wasn't true." He kissed me and I leant against him as he tightened his arms around me.
"I love you." I whispered.
"Good, because I love you." He said smiling. "Now, do you know what I want to do?"
I shook my head.
"I want to take you into the bedroom, I want undress you and I want to sleep with my girlfriend."
"Girlfriend." I murmured. It sounded so nice.
"Do you think it will feel different?" He whispered, wiggling his eyebrows.
I giggled. "Let's go and find out."