Chapter 24

I put my plate in the sink and walked out to the living room. Matt was laying on the couch, glaring at the television.
"Can I watch?" I asked him.
"It's your house." He grumbled.
I stood there looking at him. He was taking up the whole couch.
"Can you make room?" I asked. "Please?"
He looked up at me, pulling a face.
"Don't worry." I told him, turning away. I could watch something in my room.
"Stop." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me down onto his lap. "I'll make room."
He wriggled around, sitting up and arranging me between his legs. I leant back onto his chest and looked at the television. God knows what was on, I was in no state to watch.
We sat there, me staring blankly at the TV, Matt watching whatever it was, not talking. He had my hand and he kept wrapping his fingers with mine, undoing them, then entwining them, over and over.
He started twisting my engagement ring again. Round and round. I don't think he was even aware he was doing it.
I turned my head slightly, to look at him inconspicuously and he kissed my cheek, smiling.
I smiled back at him, trying not to have a heart attack as he put his hand under my chin, lifting my face up and kissing me.
Oh I just didn't know how much of this I could take.
"Are you well enough to come to Zack's for dinner tomorrow night?" He murmured, kissing me again.
"I don't even know what day it is." And right now I didn't care.
"Tomorrow is Thursday." He said smiling.
"Then yes, I can."
"Good." He whispered, and he had to kiss me again.
I gave up. He could just have his way with me, do whatever he wanted.
I leant into him, kissing him back.
"You know what?" He whispered.
"What?"
"This can go." He pulled off my engagement ring and tossed it onto the coffee table. "Much better."
Was it? Hell I didn't know or care all I knew was that Matt was kissing me  and his hand was making it's way up the inside of my leg.
"Lay down baby." He murmured against my lips.
I'd never layed down so damn quick ever.