Chapter 7

3 Months Later

"You ready?" Marc asked me.
I looked down at myself. "I guess."
"I didn't mean it like that Mikayla. You look beautiful."
I smiled and followed him to the car. We were going out for dinner. He'd insisted. I'd rather stay at home, I was tired because I was still flying between cities two and three times a week.
"Are you excited for tomorrow night?" He asked.
No. No I was not.
"Incredibly."
"Catching up with everyone. How long have they been touring?"
"Oh a couple of months I guess. I think they were home for a short while. I'm not sure."
Marc was quiet for five minutes, I thought he was concentrating on the road but apparently not.
"I hope it's not my fault you and Matt don't hang out anymore?"
"No of course not."
No, I fucked him behind your back, that's why I won't hang out with him.
I'd avoided him since that night. He'd called, I'd made small talk and I guess he finally got the message because he stopped calling. It also helped that they'd been doing a huge tour and hadn't been in the country much. However tomorrow night, I couldn't avoid him anymore, there was an end of tour party at Zacks house and we'd been invited.
"Good." He said smiling and taking my hand.
We traveled in silence and I let my mind wander to Matt. Fuck I'd missed him but I just didn't trust myself in his company anymore, after what had happened. I felt horribly guilty, the worse thing, I think I'd do it again.
I pushed Matt from my mind as we arrived at a very upmarket restaurant. The meal was fabulous and I enjoyed every minute, well except for the times Matt popped into my mind.
"Ah, Mikayla, I need to ask you something." Marc suddenly said during dessert.
Oh my god he knew, he must know. I admit, I felt a little relieved, he'd obviously bought me here to break up.
"Yes." I said encouragingly.
"I know we've only been together a little while but....." His voice trailed off.
I watched him dig around in his pants pocket and pull out a small box.
Oh dear god.
"I love you. I'm completely in love with you and I can't imagine my life without you."
Oh crap.
"Mikayla, will you marry me?"
Oh shit.
I looked at him. He was sitting there, waiting for my answer, anticipating my answer.
What could I say?
"Of course I'll marry you."