WHY I LOVE EXO'S MUSIC?

What is deem to be good music is subjective. What may be good for one may sound bad to the other. It's again a matter of preference. To each his own as they say.

But, is there really a bad song? A bad genre? A bad musicality?

For me, every single song created, regardless of the genre is precious, because there must be a meaning behind the creation of it, no matter how trivial it is. The reason/s of the creator/s of a song may varry but the intention is the same - to make people listen and to react or feel emotions based on  the purpose for which the song was created.

Music is food for the soul. There's a song meant for every moment of our lives. Whether you're happy,sad, lonely,celebrating or empty there's music for that. Music is there to accompany us, like a comforting friend, a company, a lover and ally who we can turn to over and over again. It's a powerful tool. Music is that special.

Finding a music that suits your taste is a special feeling. It's like finally choosing a partner amongst the candidates. Your ears and heart decides and there's nothing you can do about it.

Falling in love to a song leads you to falling for the artist/s behind it and ultimately to their musicality. That's what happened to me on my discovery of EXO. One song lead me to check the voices behind it and now I'm hooked and it seems there's no way out too.

I personally listen to a wide variety of songs in different genres although I inclined to listen to more pop, RnB, alternative and rock (no heavy metal though). I am a sucker of power ballads too thus I love vocalists with beautiful tones,ranges and strong emotional pull.
All these taken to consideration and more is why I am drawn to EXO's musicality.

"Vocal Kings", "CD eaters", "Vocal Powerhouse" etc.. so they've been called and it may sound an exaggeration to some ,even may cause non-fans to raise their brows but I guess people just have to accept they've been called as such and such for a clear reason. If one just spend some time listening to different Kpop groups in one setting empty of knowledge and prejudice, I guess no one can deny EXO's vocal quality supremacy. I did this experiment myself in the beginning and until now as I gained familiarity of Kpop. I can say this proudly, NO ONE COMPARES TO EXO in terms of vocals and their musicality. It may be a bold claim but I said what I said.

Sure, there's tons of great vocalists in other Kpop groups and I even like some of them 'coz hey! you can't deny real talent, it's just that EXO is on different level of greatness when they sing as ONE.

While most ride the trend of time for the music they make, EXO tailor their songs to sound present with a classic undertone which appeals to the more mature market with a nostalgic feel to the past era of musical trends hence EXO songs feels brand new yet familiar.

While the rest of Kpop sounds the same,EXO stick to their base sound. Their sound appeals to both young,new fans and pioneer fans.
It may sound easy but if you think about it, it's really not. It takes a whole level of talent to pull that off - to sound new and old at the same time.

The credit of course is not solely to EXO but also the creative team behind. Call SM whatever you want, but let's give the praise for being the company which give emphasis on good music and for having the best creative people in Kpop industry in my humble opinion. However,a great song on paper is just a composition, a great beat is just a sound but what complete the music are the vocals - EXO's vocals!

Many have said, EXO however does not make their own music. Well, bad news to you 'coz they do! One member own a music studio while the other own a label/agency to say the least. They've been composing songs for a long time now but whether the songs made the final cut or not is another story. Us EXO-L knew which songs are made by EXO themselves and we held them in higher regards than the rest. Rest your case fellas.

A great thing about EXO's music is the diversity of genre and it is only well possible because EXO's vocals are that flexible.
They make popular music not only massive hits but all time classics! 'Growl' anyone?😊
I haven't heard anyone in Kpop does RnB sound like EXO. They always bring me back to the 90's and early 2000 era of RnB with those soft listening riffs and runs with subtle yet heavenly harmonies!
EXO can sound jazzy, gospely sometimes with a touch of soul music. There's a touch of MJ style at times and 'Nsync vibe the next. The rap incorporated to songs are not whack, lightning speed,incoherable gibberish but soft,clear, portioned and full of swag flow of words reminiscent of 90's rapping style. The power ballads that they make can thug at your heart strings. The cute, fun songs will make you feel glee. The techno songs will take you straight up to a rave party. The dance songs will tickle the dancer in you. Whatever the genre, you name it, EXO's music has it! 
As a music lover they've got everything you fancy hence I personally couldn't ask for more musicality wise.

Last but certainly not the least reason why I love their music, EXO's vocals!
They have the best,most diversed and complete set of vocalists which enables them to create and deliver the perfect harmonies. Nine exceptional musicians who knew how to utilize their vocal instruments and use it to create heavenly sounds for us the listeners. EXO covers low notes, mid range, powerful belts, inhumane high notes,amazing runs and riffs along with great emotional delivery and story telling.
The different ranges, vocal tones and colours and vocal quality makes EXO a  human music studio that can produce diverse, beautiful,high quality music all on their own. That's how great they are. Forget for now the hit maker soloists,musical leads, monster collaborations and other music accolades but think only of EXO singing as one entity is enough to send shivers to your spine.

As one famous producer MZ said.."...everybody wants to sound like EXO..", I guess that statement speak volumes of how the industry look up to EXO's music. Well, we can't blame them 'coz EXO's music are crazy good!
No one does it like EXO!

Such quality and diversity of music is what makes EXO ahead of their game. It's what make them still standing at the top even after a decade had past. They hold this time capsule in their music which makes listeners traverse through different eras of music from past to present. It's what makes EXO a legendary group!

EXO's musicality? Top notch! 👌

#EXO #EXOL #Kpop #WeAreOne #Saranghaja