❣️WHY I LOVE EXO'S BAEKHYUN❣️

Why I love Byun Baekhyun?

Sometimes I wish there is one thing that I dislike about Baekhyun so that I can prove to myself that no one is perfect. We know no one is perfect so I assume he's not as perfect as I see him to be. I have to convince myself though. Sounds exaggerating right? I know... I know...but the man is just too good to be true.

Byun Baekhyun is a man of superlatives. It is very difficult to modestly define Baekhyun. He is so EXTRA literally & figuratively speaking.

EXTRA talented!
Yet again, another EXO main vocalist. One third of arguably 3rd gens best vocal trio - the holy trinity of Kpop - ChenBaekSoo.
Baekhyun's vocal chords were definitely kissed by gods. This man's singing ability is insane! Hyunnie's tone and vocal colour is one of my favorite out of all the singers in the world. His tone, specially when he sings OST's is so dreamy, LSS enducing and melodious. How he transition from one vocal technique to the other when singing as if it's the easiest thing to do is crazy. His modulation, his range, his tonality and his emotional delivery are all exceptional!
It always leaves me astonished whenever he plays with his vocal instruments specially during live performances and he looks like he's not even trying. How he casually belts out perfect tunes whilst doing mundane things such as walking or playing computer games and of course during his IG/Vlives, makes me feel  so untalented nonetheless he makes me so proud.
He knows what he can do with his voice and the vocal acrobatics he can do with it and he's not shy showing it.

At this point I'm really surprised that he's not part of the main dance line yet. Baekhyun's limbs are made for dancing. His fluent moves, his dainty grooves, his lithe way of moving his body and a touch of sass in his dancing makes him so satisfying to watch. Definitely, a main dancer nominee.

Baekhyun and piano are two things that shouldn't be together because it's too beautiful that sometimes my heart and jaw just can't handle. I swear, Baekhyun singing while playing piano is the sexiest Baekhyun for me.

EXTRA idol!
Dubbed as 'THE GENIUS IDOL' for a reason.
I guess it is safe to say that Baekhyun is the epitome of the term 'idol'. If we talk about a whole package Kpop idol, Baekhyun would've been the physical definition of it. Literally, he is the bar that idols needs to reach in Kpop.
He sings phenomenal, he dance too well, his stage presence is spot on, he can rap, he looks dreamy, he can act, he's a fashion icon, he plays instruments, he's a crowd pleaser, he's a pro gamer, an influencer, etc... the list goes on and on. You name it, he has it. His achievements both as EXO and as a solo artist speaks for itself.

I believe there's two factions amongst idols, those who admire Baekhyun so much they want to be like him or they envy Baekhyun so much they want to be like him. Sounds like I'm kidding but it could probably be true. hihi..

EXTRA visual!
Baekhyun is, I would say Kpop's representative visual - pretty-boy-nextdoor, youthful and cool. If you are not a K-pop fan, you would know right away that he's a Kpop idol even without knowing that he is just by looking at him. That's the type of presence he's giving off with his visuals. He turns full swagger & sassy though when he shows off his high fashion sense. He's dual like that.

EXTRA character!
It is impossible not to love Baekhyunnie's character. His impeccable sense of humour is second to none I have seen in Kpop. His comedic antics just bring everyone to the floor. The funny thing is, whether he tries so hard or does the bare minimum everyone finds it funny. He has this natural comedic flair in him. I remembered watching him with SuperM members dying of laughter even when he just pause to think of something. Baekhyun literally just breathed, they'd cracked up & was doubling on the floor, well, except for Kai who was so nonchalant about his hyungs comedic display.
Baekhyun is definitely a people's person.
A crowd favorite.

I love Baekhyun's talkativeness, I can relate to him on that part. He is just blasting of energy. It's adorable to see how he cannot stay still, like a kid on a sugar rush. He's literally a kid inside that adult body. Who wouldn't want to be around a person like that? He is just someone who lifts your mood instantly and I love him for it.

Although Baekhyun is a whole variety show himself, I can say that Baekhyun has a very serious side to him. He takes everything seriously specially about his job. It's amazing how he never stop honing his skills even when he's already at level that he could be coaching. I love that he now wants to experiment about the music that he wants to try. It was obvious from the array of various collaborations he did with so many artists lately. His boldness with the type of music he has done lately shows his artistry and versatility. He doesn't want to be confined to what he's good at already and that's precious.
I also think Baekhyun is an emotional person who hides his fragility through his comedic displays because he doesn't want others to be sad for him. It feels like, when Baekhyun cries in front of people it must be really something heavy. Is it not the case always with happy people?

EXTRA brother!
Everyone in EXO has said that he is the mood maker of the group. Somehow he keeps the balance of the group like that. When everyone's serious, he shows up and crack the tension. That is a very special role. His members adores him so much. Their fake annoyance towards Baekhyun warms my heart always. It's clear who leads every crackhead moves during concerts and other events. He just makes their tiring routine light and happy. He is that positive energy that gravitates towards each member and binds them together.

EXTRA love for EXO-L's!
Baekhyun is the closest to EXO-L's probably because he's the most accessible of them all. I love how he treats fans as if we are his close pals. He is an open book to the fans. Whenever he has tiny bit of a break, he always shows us around, telling us what he's doing and how he's feeling. He is sweet to the fans like that. It's like we know exactly what is going on with EXO because of him. That's why now that he's in the military, missing the boys just doubled because we were so used to Baekhyunnie's virtual presence.

One thing I love about Baekhyun (and EXO in general) is even though he adores fans, he is never scared to scold fans whenever they misbehave. How he never tolerates bad behaviour towards him, his members or others as long as he witnessed it himself or read about it. His vocal about his love for the fans and he cares for us but at the same time he'd tell us when we are over the line and that actually is impressive knowing how sensitive some Kpop fans can be and would hate idols in a bat if they feel they're being told off.

The fact that I have thyroid disease as him connected me to him more and loved him more knowing that despite his condition he pursued his dream of being an idol. When he said "I would continue even if I fall on stage and die" is still haunting to me. He inspired me to do the same - to not let anything get in the way of my dreams.

I pray that he'd be healthy and come back to us safely and bless us with more albums and fun! I miss him and love so much!

Baekhyun 백현 #Baekhyun #EXO #weareoneEXO #AlwayswithEXO #IstanTalent #EXOuntil2025 #exoplanet #SARANGHAJA #SM_PROTECT_EXO9 #kpop #EXOLs #WeAreOne #WeAreOneEXOSaranghaja