❣️WHY I LOVE EXO'S LAY❣️

Why I love Zhang Yixing (Lay)?

There are many qualities of Lay that I wish as a person I'm able to do or achieve. Whenever I think about Lay's humble beginning and compare it to where he is now, I can't help but admire this man so much. He is one of those people I look up to who aspire me to become a person of quality.

I can't wrap my head around Lay's line-up of activities, projects, endorsements, campaigns and many more. Jeez! Does he even sleep?

The members often say that Lay is the most hard working member. I remembered Lay saying something like.. 'he worked hard during his trainee days after seeing how many talented trainees were there. He thought he could sing but not as good as Chen. He thought he could dance but he thought he's not as good as Kai.' He felt he was lacking so he felt the need to work very hard to catch up.
We, of course know that it's not true at all. Him breaking it to SM, an agency with a clear NO TALENT, NO ENTRY sign is already a solid proof but him debuting as EXO says it all.

The insecure rookie Lay is now a far cry from the Lay Zhang/Zhang Yixing we know today. He've come so far and so tall he makes it difficult for others to achieve what he has achieved. He's a living proof that even if there are people you think are better than you, you just have to persevere and you'll see that success is not impossible to achieve.

What I love the most about Lay is his humility despite his humongous success.He is so down to earth that sometimes he'd be surprised that he's recognised abroad. He has no air. His feet is as flat to ground as when he debuted. What's more admirable with him is he wants to use himself as example to so many who aspire to be like him. He created many avenues for aspiring artists to reach their potentials by not only founding Chromosome Entertainment but through his stints as PD's on reality shows. He's a mentor who creates a fun fair ground for trainees but stern enough to remind them of what's important - to focus and work hard for their goals. When I watch him, I can see what type of training he and EXO received and the lessons they learned, only this time he makes it better for others because he had first-hand experience. He knew what it's like.

I love how he never stop improving, delving into different characters and branching out to different areas of the entertainment industry. He never settle for what he's trained and good at but made sure to reach success in other fields too without a sign of being tired. He's literally fueled with so much passion. Sometimes I wish he slows down and take it easy.

I love how driven and upright of a person he is. You can practically see that through how he work. He's filled with mission to bring the Chinese music to the world. He produces only top quality works. His albums, MV's, drama & film projects are all of superb quality. He couldn't care less about the sales but he wants to receive appreciation for his works. I admire that so much about him.

Who wouldn't admire his works though? He is genuinely talented! He sings from the heart. 'Monodrama' & 'The Gift' are my favorite masterpieces. I love his singing voice so much. He covered a plethora of genre in his albums already I have nothing to ask for. He is a great composer too with so much depth and feels. Remember, he gifted us with 'Promise'.
Like Chanyeol, Lay also gets lost in his own world when he's sorrounded with musical instruments. He is  a true son of music. Don't even let me start with his talent for dancing... I mean... Lay's dancing skills is world class. He can't be a dancing master for nothing, right? 🤷‍♀️

When the visual gods showered the world with good genes, Lay was awake with buckets and bathed with it because he's dripping with swag, charisma and handsomeness from head to toe. All those brands bearing his image is more than my fingers combined and counting. For a reason.

Despite Lay being a super achiever, a very influential person, it's funny how is so relatable. He has this kid-like charm who's easily amused with things around him which is too cute. He's known for spacing out at random settings which is absolutely hilarious. He speaks flawless but funny sarcasm to which I can personally relate and connect with. He is serious as an artist but he is too simple and relatable as a person and I love that duality in him.

Now, off to the point where I am hat's off to this man, is his love for EXO - his brothers!
Lay has been promoting solo and away from EXO longer than he was with them due to unfortunate circumstances no one has control about. Despite that, Lay never turned his back towards his brothers. He proudly mentions EXO and introduce himself as EXO every single opportunity he gets. We know the offers he turned down just to stay with EXO. To be honest, he has all the opportunity to leave EXO but he didn't (and will not) because he's a man of his word. He's dripping with genuine affection when he mentions his brothers. He's full support with each members projects. He still call Junmyeon 'leader' despite his monstrous solo career and so much more. They've been through a lot together. EXO is family to him and I only have love and admiration for their genuine brotherhood.

My wish is for Yixing to take it slow, to take time to take care of himself and his happiness. I hope he finds a worthy lady  who will take good care of him. I wish he continue to release diverse albums, collabs and other quality projects but most importantly I want him back with EXO (physically). I can't wait for the day that Lay will be singing, dancing, promoting and touring the world with his members. We'll wait.

I love him. 💙

#EXO #weareoneEXO #AlwayswithEXO #IstanTalent #EXOuntil2025 #exoplanet #SARANGHAJA #SM_PROTECT_EXO9 #kpop #EXOLs #WeAreOne #WeAreOneEXOSaranghaja #LayZhang #yixing #zhangyixingexo #Lay