❣️WHY I LOVE EXO'S KAI❣️

Why I love Kim Jongin (Kai)?

Where to even begin? *sigh*

Kim Jongin was born to perform and be legendary. He's one of those gifted individuals who will be looked upon and for so many people be the the epitome of something they're good at.

Kai will outlive Kim Jongin. What do I mean by that? Kim Jongin behind the camera may live long but 'Kai from EXO' will live for generations to come. All the greats in the industry have lived and gone but the impact they had lives on - and Kai is a living example of that great artist who will continue to impact even after the day he decides to leave the stage.

Personally, I can only compare Kai with the late Michael Jackson in terms of 'magical' stage presence and appeal. That ability to grab everyones attention, to be able to put their selves in the center of everyones focus - not every artist can do that. No wonder SM chose him as the center.

What I love about Kai the most is, there is never a half job or half performance from him. He goes all out, giving his best and be performing as if it's his last every single time. He is not only a super talented dancer & singer but a passionate performer as well. I admire that level of passion from him because it stems from the fact that he loves what he is doing. It's so satisfying from a fan's perspective.

Everyone dances great but Kai has an unexplainable grace. He always gives something extra. Maybe an extra flick of a finger, a litte more body wave, a little more jump or a little bit of sharpness - I don't know what it is, he's just a little too graceful and a little too good. When he dance, it's just art! He just hits different. He is one hell of a dancer! A phenomenal dancer.

I love rapper Kai so much specially in their much older songs where he gets to rap more, there's a lot of swag and attitude in his rapping. I wish he will get more raplines again in the future.
I love his singing just as much as his rapping. His tone is very unique and something that is very recognisable as his. As a baritone, he has a nice tone, a good lower register and he uses his chest voice pretty well. He improved a lot as far as technique is concerned. I was glad that he was able to showcase more of hos vocals during the EXplOration tour when he covered some of Kyungsoo & Minseok's singing parts. His RnB-pop genre first solo album perfectly suited his cool vocal tone and range and I loooved it!
I personally wish KOLO2 will either be hip-hop or retro pop because I think his voice suits those genres. I also wish he release a dance album, you know, a DVD of Jongin showcasing different styles of dancing. I think that'll be great.

No one does facial expressions like Kai.
I always struggled with handling my emotions whenever Kai is on screen - he is just too much to handle. He caused me death but also resurrection each time he does that smirk-smile-fierce-camera-stare combo in a split of a second interval. How he does that is beyond my comprehension. I specially love his smile, when he smile consciously at the camera - he's fatal, but when he smiles candidly, it's the sweetest and I just turn into a puddle each time. I swear he will be the death of me.

Dubbed 'idol of idols' and understandably so. For many aspiring, rookie and fellow idols, Kai level is THE GOAL. A phenomenal dancer, singer, actor, visual, brand ambassador, fashion icon and humble idol. They aspire to be the kind of performer that he is and that speaks volume.

Kai is the center in EXO and the main visual for a reason. There's also a reason why he's a favorite among luxurious high end fashion brands. He's gorgeous! He can wear anything, be it a rug and it will look good on him. I think besides his fashion sense, it has a lot more to do with his confidence. He is sure of himself, he knows how to carry himself and he knows all too well he look hella fine. Charisma? He invented that word - I mean, Jongin could be doing just anything, adjusting his belt, putting his hand on his pocket or merely standing there and breathing but it'll look as if he's doing a mag cover shoot. I cannot... it's so unfair. 😔
Whilst others are making fun of his skin color, specially in Korea, I'm here thinking that his complexion is glorious. Anyway, every skin color is unique & perfect.

Unbeknown to many specially for people outside the fandom, Kai's personality off stage is the complete opposite of his stage persona. It's as if Kim Jongin is the doppelganger of Kai.

Offstage, he is just the clumsy Jongin who plays rock-paper-scissors by himself, who easily trips, break things and spill his drinks. A beautiful disaster - someone who can't slice a cake properly, cook anything properly and do not even know that a mango has a seed. He has this charming innocence and amusing natural comedic charm in him. Our Nini who loves bears. A big baby by nature. 

With his members, he is just that cute maknae who pouts when he wants or complain about something.  He is the second maknae but I actually feel that Jongin is the softest of all, who needs more care and attention not because he lacks but because he wants to be cared for. I love that. It makes me happy and warm inside. I love that he is not scared to show his 'messy' side instead of acting cool all the time for the sake of his stage image. It's humbling and reassuring that even the great Kim Kai is also bad at something. He is two worlds in one and both worlds are beautiful.

As for me, I love both the legenday Kai and our sweet nini Kim Jongin. ❤️

#Kai #EXO #weareoneEXO #AlwayswithEXO #IstanTalent #EXOuntil2025 #exoplanet #SARANGHAJA #SM_PROTECT_EXO9 #kpop #EXOLs #WeAreOne #WeAreOneEXOSaranghaja #Jongin #KimJongIn