19

"This world will need its heart and mind together if it is going to survive"-Ajak

"I understand, y/n. Gilgamesh is dead and I'm only getting worse. The others told me how you killed that Deviant back in the Amazon. If you feel it is necessary I understand if you do the same to me, so that I won't get in your way when the end of the world comes" Thena stated calmly.

"What?" You stared at her blankly in shock. "No, Thena. I won't kill you. I was thinking of a way I could help you" you explained.

"Oh" she nodded along. "Do you really think I'm worth saving, after everything I've done to you?" She asked softly.

"I do"

"I might be able to get into your mind and pull Thena back to the front rather than the Mah'd W'yry. Help you remember" you explained your plan.

"It's worth a try" she agreed with a nod.

"Quick, Karun, you'll want to film this" Kingo started from the doorway of the jet, peaking out to watch. You used your powers to shut the door blocking them inside and away from you, closing off the distractions so that you could focus fully on helping Thena. You and Thena sat with your knees touching, your hands raising to the sides of her head. A golden ring formed around your head as you pulled up the best parts of Thena and her best memories from before Mah'd W'yry. You both gasped as you finished, taking a moment to regain yourselves. Thena looked to you in amazement that you had actually done it.

"I think it worked" she smiled at you. "Thank you, y/n" she gave your hand a soft squeeze.

"Of course, Thena" you smiled back to her weakly, mind tired from everything that had happened the last few days.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Druig rushed out with a panic once they finally got the door open. He caught you in his arms as you fell towards the ground, dizziness taking over.

"She just saved my mind" Thena told him harshly, still blaming him for hurting you.

"Yeah and she's already weakened her mind enough after the fight with the Deviant. How is she supposed to help us stop a celestial if her mind is broken?" Druig snapped protectively.

"I'm fine I just need some rest" you waved him off calmly.

"That was stupid" he told you with a stern yet caring look.

"And I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant saving someone I love" you told him. "I would do it for any of you" you reminded.

"I know you would" he sighed. He helped you to stand, pulling you close to him as his arm rested on your waist to stabilize you. Thena tucked you in to sleep on the jet while everyone stayed quiet, waiting for Phastos and the others to return.

"How you feeling?" Druig asked when you woke up with a stretch.

"Better" you nodded tiredly, rubbing at your eyes.