14

"This would be a lot easier with Ajak" Gilgamesh

"Ajak can't heal you" she stated in a hushed tone that caught you off guard

"What?" You tilted your head in confusion, not understanding what she was telling you.

"She's dead" Ikaris stated sternly. You and Thena looked to each other before looking to Gilgamesh with confusion, hoping he could answer your wordless question.

"No" you shook your head in disbelief, tears springing to your eyes at the news.

"You know its true, y/n" Sersi said, knowing deep down you already knew, but refused to believe the truth.

"May I?" You held out your free hand to Sersi. She gave a small nod and took your hand in her own, allowing you to go through her memories to the night they found Ajak dead at her home in South Dakota. You watched from Sersi's point of view the moment she found Ajak. You took in a deep breath to focus yourself again, looking to the others with a nod that you understood.

Gilgamesh lead you all back down to the house, taking you all in for a meal as you discussed the return of Deviants. He set the table full of food, everyone sitting around and enjoying as you sat behind Thena, out of the way while you cleaned your wound. Since moving out to Australia you had become good at cleaning and bandaging your own wounds after Thena attacks. She always felt bad after and you always reassured her you were fine even if it hurt. Most of the time you would clean you wounds and visit Ajak to get her to heal them properly, but that wasn't an option anymore.

You lifted your shirt to reveal the wound, taking away the cloth ti asses the damage when Thena turned back towards you.

"I'm sorry, y/n" Thena held her hand out to you. You accepted her hand, squeezing it slightly and offering a small smile as you felt she was telling the truth.

"Let's see what we're dealing with" Gilgamesh pulled up a seat beside you, stepping in to help clean your wound. "This would be a lot easier with Ajak" Gilgamesh stated quietly, patching up the cut on your side.

"Is that what you guys eat everyday?" Kingo asked in awe, Gilgamesh standing as you pulled up a seat between Thena and Kingo.

"Yes" Gilgamesh answered happily.

"Amazing" Karun said.

"Thank you" Ikaris looked to Gilgamesh who stood behind him.

"All yours, Help yourself" Gilgamesh told them. "This one is a trio of wine, beer and mead made for the soldiers in the battle of troy" Gilgamesh explained as he set it on the table.

"That's so thoughtful" Karun nodded with a smile. Thena took a bite off her fork while staring intensely at Karun, attempting to make him fear her and it seemed to be working. Kingo grew uneasy as she stared and you nudged her with a laugh. She smiled at you, happy she could make you laugh every after everything she had done.

"Should she be drinking?" Kingo asked Gilgamesh in a hushed tone as you and Thena joked along with each other.

"Her's is non-alcoholic For kids" Gilgamesh whispered to him as Thena took a sip from her cup, continuing to glare down Karun and Kingo while you laughed at her foolishness. "I gave you the same thing Sprite" Gilgamesh said as he and Kingo laughed at his own joke, Sprite glaring at them both. "I was just kidding Your's is a secret brew, Odin taught me as a Thank you after I helped him defeat Laufey in Tonsberg" Gilgamesh continued as Sprite put up an illusion to make him wear a baby's onesie. You and Thena smiled at each other, both laughing over the situation.

"Ohh I am big baby, very mature, can you stop?" Gilgamesh asked Sprite who smiled with pride at her joke as she took away the illusion.

"Speaking of Odin, Thor used to follow me around when he was a little kid Now he is a famous Avenger and won't return my calls" Kingo told his quick story, no one really believing him.

"So now that Captain Rogers and Iron man are both gone, who do you think is going to lead the Avengers?" Sprite looked to Ikaris with her question.

"I could lead them, I figured I could do that" Ikaris shrugged calmly.

"Yeah, he would" Kingo agreed.

"Ajak didn't even choose to lead us" Gilgamesh pointed out the hard truth, everyone going quiet.

"Whoa... " Kingo gasped.

"Ouch.. " Ikaris told him.

"Harsh" Sprite added her comment.

"I'll let that one slide because you've always been bitter that I can fly and you can't" Ikaris said.

"Oh, so what, you can fly. I'm better looking everybody knows that" Gilgamesh said as Kingo laughed.

"Where are you going?" Ikaris asked as Sersi stood from the table abruptly, moving towards the door.

"I'm just gonna get some air" she lied, you could tell something else was going on inside her head. Sersi smiled to you all before walking out.

"Hmm This is really good, Gil You know, I could sell it. Put my face on it, move some units" Kingo claimed as he took a drink from the cup.

"I made this from corn. I chewed each Kernel myself and fermented it in my spit" Gilgamesh claimed as Kingo spit it back into the cup immediately. You excused yourself from the table, Thena watching as you walked out to meet Sersi outside.

"Is this the Centura-6 that Thena was talking about?"

"Yeah, it's a planet. She gets these visions, she thinks she used to live there until it was destroyed. Always talks about massive quakes ripping it apart. Everyone died including herself" you explained, thinking back on what she had told you and what you had seen.

"We had an unprecendented global earthquake a few days ago"

"Ohh.. that's what it was, I thought I was having a panic attack" you claimed with a slight smile, trying to make light of the impending doom that was coming true from the visions.

"Ajak chose me to lead us, but I can't even figure out how to speak to Arishem. I have tried so many times" Sersi explained her problem hoping you could give her advice.

"Maybe you are trying too hard Sometimes, you just have to listen" you tell her before walking back into the house with the others. You took your seat again when your mind went dark.

..........................

Question of the day: what's your favourite food?