27

"She's the only one who can get through to her"-Phastos

You felt someone with overwhelming anger and sadness, standing to face Ikaris staring down Sersi

You felt someone with overwhelming anger and sadness, standing to face Ikaris staring down Sersi. Druig also noticed, stepping in front of you protectively so that Ikaris couldn't kill you like he had tried to do to him. Sersi watched as Ikaris fell to his knees and cried, everything bubbling up inside of him.

"I am sorry" he told her as she knelt to his level.

"I know" she rested her forehead to his and pulled back.

"What is he doing?" Druig asked you in confusion, watching as Ikaris simply flew away with a new determination.

"He's going to kill himself" you stated in shock. Druig looked to you in shock and confusion as you continued to stare up at Ikaris, flying away from the planet. "We should get back to the others" you remind him, shaking your head slightly to get rid of the thought as you felt Ikaris life fade in the burning sun.

"Do we have to" he winned.

"Thena needs me" you tell him sternly, remembering the woman who you had left a few minutes ago.

Druig helped you to walk back to the others, Sersi following close behind as she needed to take a moment for herself. Thena gasped as she saw you walking alongside Druig back to the beach. She rushed over, pulling you into a hug as Druig handed you off to her, staying close and watching you both with a smile, knowing you both needed each other as much as you and him needed each other.

"Are you alright?" She wondered as you winced back at the sudden contact.

"Yeah, just got stabbed" you shrugged as if it was nothing though you both knew you were in pain.

"I always knew you were strong" Thena smiled at you, proud of what you had done to save the planet.

"The nightmare is finally over"

"It is" she agreed.

"How? How did you do it?" Phastos asked in shock at your plan actually working.

"When I touched him, his arm. I felt energy surging into me Tiamut joined our Unimind" you explained the feeling you had.

"I always wondered how we survived the destruction of other planets that we were on By being connected to the Celestial that emerged" Phastos said.

"We became one. Even Ikaris and Sprite, all because of Tiamut" Makkari said as you nodded along. Sprite wandered over on her own, you looking to her from beside Druig and Thena who stood protecting you.

"Is he gone?" Sprite asked through tears. You nodded in reply to answer her question, knowing she deserved and answer.

"Sprite, I still have energy from the Unimind I think I can make you human. All the things that you said you wanted, you can have them, but your time will come fleeting and you will die one day. Are you ready for that?" Sersi offered.

"I am" she agreed as tears fell from her face, desperately wanting to live a full life. Sersi reached out a hand and Sprite took it, becoming human as you all watched in awe.

"Thena, how are you feeling?" Phastos asked her, knowing what had went down with the Deviant while you were busy killing Tiamut. Your stomach sank as you had a familiar feeling settle in the pit of your stomach.

"No" you gasped sadly. Druig turned with worry before pulling you away just in time as Thena attacked, barely missing you with her sword.

"Y/n, do something" Phastos urged with worry as Thenas eyes were glossed over with white once again.

"She is injured Phastos" Druig reminded harshly as you all watched Thena circle carefully. You felt the fighters fear as she watched you all closely, not making an attack. She was battling with her own mind, trying desperately not to hurt any of you.

"She's the only one who can get through to her" Phastos reminded.

"What if I can heal her mind" you suggested.

"It's worth a try" Sersi agreed, looking to the others. You nodded to Druig who let you walk towards her carefully. You stumbled forward, Druig wanting to reach out and help you, but knowing you needed to do this alone.

"Thena, it's me, remember" you spoke softly as you slowly walked towards her. "I'm going to help you, Thena" you said, reaching out carefully and gently like you always had. Her eyes started to flicker and you took the final step to get to her. You held your hands on either side of her head, ring glowing around both of your heads as you cleared the Mah'd W'yry from her mind. Druig caught you as you stumbled back while Makkari raced to catch Thena.

"Thena, how do you feel?" Phastos asked carefully.

"Like myself again" she smiled towards you. "Thank you, y/n" you nodded to her as you felt weak.

"Y/n, how do you feel?" Sersi worried for you as Druig was the only thing holding you up at this point.

"Really tired" you laughed slightly, wincing at your wound.

"Sit here" Druig sat you down on the beach, leaning you back against a rock gently.

"I'll go see what I can do about the Domo temporarily" Phastos started off, Makkari going to help him as the rest of you sat around, exhaustion taking over as you looked out at the sunset over the dead celestial.

..........................

Question of the day: what do you think of Thena's mind being saved?