19: Lexi

Okay... have the chapter  now instead of the weekend. Double upload this week still of course (so another upload on Sunday)

Shout out to the awesome brightyeolie , amiva0402 ,  and jueka1 for making this story come to life through their comments.

Also... did not proofread because I'm too tired this morning.

Enjoy...

_______

Sara got out of her brother's car with us Monday afternoon, telling Noah she wanted to spend more time with Callie and me before she headed home.

I'd be lying if I said my body didn't have all sorts of fluttery feelings thinking Sara liked being in my company. Though I shouldn't have been surprised. Every class we shared, I was always right by her side, whether my sister was there or not.

So once we forwarded into the house, Callie immediately began heading to her room with Sara in tow, while I followed a couple steps behind them, pausing at my bedroom door, not sure if I was invited.

While Callie paid me no attention, Sara paused on the way into my sister's room, turning her head to meet my awaiting gaze. Throwing me a smile, she said, "You better be joining us for fat chats, Lex."

Grin on my face, I quickly opened my bedroom door, threw my bag inside, then hurried down the hallway to Callie's room.

Sitting on the floor of my sister's room—and much to Callie's chagrin—Sara narrated every detail of their bio class to me, of how Flynn sat with them. The number of times he whispered jokes into her ear. And even the notes he scribbled into the corner of her book. Apparently at one point he also drew a frog in her notebook?

"We're just friends," Callie muttered, looking everywhere but us.

"Yes, friends... who stuck tongues in each other's throats on the weekend and groped each other," Sara retorted.

"Groping is a strong word..."

"Did he, or did he not, touch your butt at some point while making out? Because Lex said she saw—"

"He did... But like..." Turning around, she yanked a pillow off her bed and let out a groan into it.

"Mhmm... it seems the butt touch is something you very much like."

Crimson face lifting from the pillow, she choked, "Please don't make this harder for me to face him when he comes here for tutoring tonight."

Lips pressing together, Sara's face turned serious as her eyes danced around Callie's face. "I'll drop it in one second. But I just need to ask you one more time... Are you sure you're not into him?"

"Why?" she asked, eyes hesitantly meeting Sara's. "Are you?"

Sara barked a laugh and shook her head, eyes momentarily flickering to mine before looking back to my sister. "No. Definitely not."

"So I'm a weirdo thinking he's cute?" she said.

But it was the wrong thing to say in front of her bestie. Corners of her lips turning upwards again, Sara struggled to hold back her teasing grin as she said, "Flynn's decent on the eyes, Callie. You're not weird. Besides, you don't need mine or Lexi's approval on who you're attracted to. I just want to know if you like him so I know if I have to go into wingwoman mode."

Callie's brows knotted together and she shook her head. "No... I think my reactions are just because he was my first kiss and it was a good one."

"You... think?" Sara pressed, still not budging.