Task Six - Six Shades of Snow - Fools Tributes

Jefferson Marle Crane:

Pale eyes gleam in the light of the blade, The queasy hand clutching the hilt shied away from slaughter. 

For so long his eyes had dilated with out seeing. His fingers clutching at reality with no avail. His mind grasping at reality where it was never to be found. 

The snow wanders aimlessly around his back. Every descending settler encased him in the coffin of melancholy. Seeping streaks of tears pool at the edge of his eyes and his hand slowly pulls up, shoveling frost away in pursuit of his head 

His life flashed before his eyes. 

A life he had never lived. 

A pursed mouth hisses out a cackle. An arm flies out at tear stricken victims. The hollow eyed child tugs at her mother. The woman simply closes her eyes, already she had given up. 

He clutches at a child ignoring his wails. Her minuscule fingers fall limp as she reached out for life. 

Shrieks resonate as a blurred blare rockets from fingers. 

Pale eyes gleam in the light of the blade, The queasy hand clutching the hilt shied away from slaughter. Ignoring forgiveness and relations. The man he had become halfheartedly rejected kindness for cruel slaughter. 

The man he had become was a monster. 

His fingers prod tentatively at his temple.  

There was only one way out. 

It was time for him to escape.

His relented eyes squeezed open as a distant voice flutters from above.

"Hasn't it killed enough already?" The melodic tone of voice was embedded with innocence.

"Maybe you could try saving something with it" She pipes the suggestion lightheartedly, "Sebastian is very cold, all we would need is a spark. Isn't that right Seb?"

He reluctantly turned around to once again face the world. He scrambles up to his knees to meet Victoria; the last from his district.

"If you shoot over the fire I'm sure we can help Seb!" She announces, so thoroughly excited he can't control himself from melting.

"Your wish is my duty," He replies with a smirk and a playful bow. He lies before a small pile of scattered twigs; with a dull thud he sets them ablaze. A small tingling rushes through his hand as he paces back to my seat.

Victoria lets out a lighthearted giggle "He's all better!" She squeals in delight opening her hands out as if to let a small animal crawl into her loving grasp.

"Of course he is!" He beams down on the child. "It is a very special day you know."

"It is?"

"Why don't you know? Sebastian here is celebrating his Un-Birthday!"

The girls face transforms into a twisted expression of shock.  

"Sebastian! Why, you never told me that!"

"Luckily I have just the thing!"

"Victoria, you shouldn't have."

"Although I don't have any cups..." She muses over her problem as she frowns in thought. "We can just drink it from our hands!" She smiles at her brilliant idea.

Victoria grasps at air tilting the imaginary pot over my hands with a pleasant smile, then going to fill up her own hand.

He raises his cupped hand into the air.

"Happy Un-Birthday to Seb!" He cheers with jubilee.

[Gamemaker's note: erm...okay...moving swiftly on again]

Victoria Iocus:

The air is bitter cold, and with one last gasp of chills the nose of a small girl is frozen shut, never to open again unless she finds warmth. Running wildly in the newly found snow, Victoria feels the sense of death, arms reaching out to her as she shivers madly running through the cold with no warmth do be found.

The cave that she once took shelter in has disappeared under the thick blanket of white falling from the sky concealing all the arenas secrets. With snowflakes in her hair she looks like a snow queen, with a crown of powder to show her softness towards others, but with the shrunken in cheekbones and hallow eyes, she is anything but well.

In these games, you never come out victorious, or the same. You will never be the once innocent girl or boy you came in as. You may never live long enough to see how much you’ve changed, but with Victoria Iocus it is loud and clear.

She would never have the slightest temptation to kill a soul, yet in these games if you don’t your the one being slaughtered. You don’t have to constantly be watching out for yourself at home, or hoping that people are tired and they don’t want to hunt for an easy kill.

And right now, that would be her.

In a dazed state, Victoria falls to the ground the snow biting her skin like little bugs, but she makes no effort in moving.

This is nice. I can die right here. With all the little flakes all pretty and white...

The world goes darker and darker as her eyelids start to flutter shut before a loud snap and crackle make her leap up in fear.

Grabbing her box she looks around with eyes full of fear as nausea sweeps over her causing her to catch herself on a large snowdrift that she will only fall into. With a sudden jolt she smacks into hard rock. Then looking around in confusion she sees it.

The tall trees, the large pine tree she would use to see if anything was happen from a birds eyes view. This was her cave, and someone was in it. Blood boiling she gets up grabbing her box from off the ground storming into the cave. Sitting there near a fire, is no other then the inventive, clever Leveret Hare.

“Excuse me young boy, but this is my cave!” She shouts over the crackling of the fire as he laughs continuing to mind his own business. The girl tries to control her anger, but it’s bubbling like a screaming teapot and she's about to blow.

“I don’t want to kill you, so you can just get out and no blood will be spilled.” Victoria states calmly as Leveret laughs.

“What? And let a little girl like you boss me around? Over my dead body!” He shouts with a bitter laugh. A violent smile creeps up Victorias lips as she cranks the handle on her box.

“isn’t the music so pretty?” Victoria coos as she walks up to him step by step, stoping above him. “Opps!” Victoria mutters as she drops the box as the knife falls into his chest as the cannon explodes in the sound of death.

Closing her eyes, Victoria slowly pulls the body out of the cave, not thinking of the blood now covering the stone floor. As she drops the body in the white snow, she looks up worriedly to see Lucky being carried up by the hovercraft.

What if that cannon wasn’t for Leveret? With a worried scream Victoria runs into the cave hiding.

He could come back, and if he does, he’s coming back for blood.