Chapter 22

For auld lang syne, my dear
The well known words by the famous Scottish poet Robert Burns echo all over the country this morning. Mixed with the anthem "Flower of Scotland."
The Scottish people celebrate the outcome of their referendum for independence from the United Kingdom.

What do we know so far?
The Scottish people have voted in favour for their independence with a breathtaking majority of 81%.
Parliament has already accepted the vote and HRH Princess Madeleine who will take her place as Queen of Scotland is expected to give her speech of acceptance at noon in front of parliament in a live television broadcast.
The independence will formally start with the coronation of the new Queen as parliament has already announced.
The date is set to be the 6th of April 2018 remembering the Declaration of Arbroath, the first ever declaration of Scottish Independence.
Scotland will keep it's currency and national language.

What is still in discussion?
"Flower of Scotland" is rumoured and currently favoured by the nation to become the official anthem.
The coronation, it's process and following events are still being drawn up with the plans being published as soon as possible.

No comments have been published by HM The Queen or any other member of the royal family. Comments from other world leaders are also still left to be made.

Parliament closed their statement announcing the results with the famous words of the Declaration of Arbroath:

"...for, as long as hundred of us remain alive, never will we
on any conditions be brought under English rule.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting,
but for freedom - for that alone,
which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

"

How she became The Queen of Scotland On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara