Chapter 13

It is so good to finally see you again, Kate. I can not believe how long it took for us to see each other again. But most importantly how are you both?"
Maddie and Kate hugged each other tightly before Maddie looked down on Kate's belly which had formed a small bump already.
"Well if you are busy setting up a new kingdom up there." She playfully teased Maddie before both of them settled into the two make up chairs.
"Please don't tease me about this. None of this was my idea."
"I know. As a matter of fact we all do. Don't worry, you have more support here than you think. Especially from the Cambridges." Kate reached out to give Maddie's hand a tight squeeze. Maddie's answer was a warm and slowly more relaxing smile.
"So... How are you? How is the nausea?"
"Finally so much better. Today is my first day back after the pregnancy has been announced. Don't believe anyone who says it gets better with every child. It didn't. But at least this time I could stay home and there was no need for me to go to hospital again."
"I am so happy for you. And I have to admit a teeny tiny bit jealous."
"You won't be when you've had your first sleepless nights I promise you." The two women shared a heartfelt laugh. "Don't worry, you will get to experience all of this soon yourself. I am sure of it."
They spend the time chatting and catching up over the past couple month while their hair and makeup was being done by a small army of make up artists.
Being fitted into their dresses a knock on the door caught their attention.
Two men dressed in palace uniforms guarded by four heavily armed men stepped inside each of them carrying squared box in front of them.
"Ah the jewellery. Thank you very much."
The two servants placed the boxes on the table before bowing their heads and leaving the room again.
"I don't think I will ever get used to that part."
"I hear you. I for sure never did."
Maddie and Kate stepped closer to take a peek inside the boxes.
"Do you know what you are wearing tonight?"
"No, since my going with you came with such a short notice the Queen and I agreed that she would pick something for me that would work with my dress."
"Luckily almost everything works with blush pink. You really look amazing, Maddie. Maybe we can find you a handsome superhero tonight."
"Thanks but no thank you." Maddie laughed. "With everything going on at the moment I don't think I would even have time for a relationship."
"Didn't you just say you want a family?"
"I do. Very much, but... I don't know... Right now everything is so uncertain and... I don't know."
Maddie shrugged her shoulders before carefully opening the jewellery box.
"The Victorian Suite of Sapphire and Diamond Set. She mentioned that she had that in mind but I never thought she would really allow me to wear this."
"It is an amazing collection. And works amazingly with your brown hair and the blush dress. I am telling you, you'll find a super hero tonight.
Kate had decided in agreement with the Queen to wear the Crown Ruby Necklace with the matching earrings to compliment her white floating dress.
A few minutes later the two women had taken their seats in the car.
"To be honest Kate, I am a little nervous. I have never been to a film premiere before."
"You are going to love it. It is amazing to get to talk to everybody who was involved with making the movie. It's like a glimpse behind a curtain. William is really disappointed that he couldn't come with me. He loves the premieres."
"Will he be better soon?"
"Oh yes I'm sure he will be. He is feeling a lot better already today but this cold has really knocked him out of his shoes so he will have to lay low for another couple of days. Very ironic that I get better and can get back to work, while he gets the worst cold of his life."
The car stopped in front of the steps leading up to the Royal Albert Hall as the clicks of the photographers waiting outside went wild.
Maddie and Kate exited their car waving to the crowd before stepping onto the red carpet being introduced to the director.
The stairs were lined up with images of the movie's characters and Maddie's excitement grew with every step she took.
Inside the two women were introduced to every one from actors to make up artists who had worked on the film.
Kate had already started walking down the row of people being introduced to them by Zack Snyder greeting everybody while Maddie still shared a few words with Joss Whedon.
"I have never been to a movie premier. I hope I will not get too star struck to talk, Mr Whedon." Maddie joked, before Joss started to introduce her to the first actors.
"Your Royal Highness please meet Ben Affleck, he is playing Batman."
"It is so nice to meet you. I am very much looking forward to the film." Maddie extended her hand.
"Thank you, the honour is all mine, Your Royal Highness." He shook her hand before Maddie was already being introduced to the next person.
"And this is Henry Cavill, he portrays Superman for the third time already in this movie."
Henry bowed his head while Joss introduced him.
"For the third time already, you must know the role really well by now, don't you?"
Maddie smiled at him extending her hand.
Henry didn't take it.
He couldn't.
He just looked at her and saw her smile.
"I think this settles the question about who will be star struck." Joss laughed.
"Well I can certainly tell you this is a first." Maddie joined in before Henry finally broke out of his freeze.
"I am so sorry, Your Royal Highness." He finally took her hand and shook it trying his best not to hold it for to long.
"Please don't apologise. I am sure you are under a lot of pressure being in a movie that is so highly anticipated by it's fans."
He nodded and finally could bring himself to smile back at her before she was being introduced to other people waiting in line.
"Dude, what was that?" Ben laughingly punched Henry's shoulder.
"I have no idea. I just looked at her and my brain went... black. She is... She is so beautiful."
"Did you never see her before today?"
"In the papers and in pictures sure but not in real life."
Henry was still at a loss for words a few minutes later while he was being shown to his seat.
He couldn't focus on the movie at all even though he hadn't seen the final cut yet. His thoughts kept always on wandering back to Maddie and her smile.