Chapter 11

„Princess Madeleine is the picture of grace and dignity at the belated 270th anniversary of the Battle of Culloden memorial service."

„Princess Madeleine presents her personal tartan for the first time on a public engagement."

„So Pierce what did you think of Princess Madeleine's engagement at the Battlefield of Culloden yesterday?"
"I think she did great, I honestly do. We all knew from the beginning that it would be a delicate engagement and she simply nailed it. I didn't hear one negative comment about her being there. Not even in the Scottish press today."
"And what I really liked is that she wore her personal tartan over her black coat. I think it was the perfect incorporation of Scottish tradition for that very important date."

„Princess Madeleine to return to London for Her Majesty's birthday after her successful engagement to the Battlefield of Culloden."

Princess Madeleine has returned to London for the first time since setting up permanently in Edinburgh.
She is believed to be staying in Buckingham Palace per personal invitation of Her Majesty and rumour has it that she will accompany The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh when they head to Windsor to celebrate the Queen's 91st birthday together with the Royal Family.

„The Royal Family members looks stunning as they arrive in Windsor to celebrate The Queen's birthday."

"Thank you so much fo letting me stay with you, M'am."
"It was my genuine pleasure my dear. It was lovely to have you back here for a little while even though we did not get much time to really talk I am afraid. Why don't we sit down for a moment. I am not as young as I was with ninety."
Smilingly The Queen sat down while Maddie tried to politely hide a little chuckle. She waited for the Queen to be fully seated before she sat down next to her.
From the bench they had a clear view over the park of Windsor Castle. Against the weather forecast the sky showed a bright blue colour without any clouds and the warmth of the April sun made being outside pleasantly enjoyable.
"So tell me, Madeleine, have you settled in nicely in Scotland? The reports I have been getting sounded rather marvellous."
"I have. I enjoy every part of it to be honest. The people, the nature, it all feels like a dream most of the time."
"I am pleased to hear that my dear. I am sure you have heard but the people have taken to you quite nicely as well and far better than any of us would have predicted."
The compliment made Maddie blush slightly. She broke the eye contact for a moment looking down before glancing over the park.
"That is nothing to be ashamed of." The Queen reached out and squeezed Maddie's hand. "On the contrary, that is something one can be proud of. The Scottish people are one of a kind. They are different than the English and this tends to be overlooked particularly quickly. But with you I know they are in safe hands."
She smiled at Maddie with her granny like smile that had the power to make you believe you could to anything.
"Thank you, M'am. It means a lot to me hearing you say this."
The two women shared a smile before sitting in silence and enjoying the sun.