Epilogue - The Wedding We Dreamed About

[Final chapter]

Wedding day...

Location - The Church

Your POV

The moment both Touko and I have been waiting for has finally arrived. Today is the day that the two of us get married. It took us hours, days even to plan everything, but I believe that the end result is every awarding. We even bought a tuxedo and a wedding dress at the mall, but we did our best to hide them from each other, as we wanted them to be a surprise for each other.

My parents flew in from Sweden as fast as they could just so they can watched me get married, which was nice of them to do, despite how busy they have been lately.

Now everyone was here at the church where the ceremony was going to take place. I was at the altar with my parents while Touko was somewhere getting ready. I won't lie, I was starting to get anxious about getting married. And whenever I get anxious about something, I start to yawn.

"You feeling okay, son?" My father asked.

"Yeah, just anxious." I replied.

"It'll be fine, son. It'll be over before you know it." He said.

"And I must add, you're handling this wedding a lot better than your father did." My mother said.

"Honey, do you really need to bring that up?" My father asked.

"Why not? He's getting married himself so he has the right to hear this." My mother replied.

"Hear about what?" I asked.

"Your father was a complete mess when he was about to marry me. I think he was like... "WHERE'S MY TIE?!", and his parents, your grandparents, were embarrassed about it." My mother said with a cheeky grin.

"But hey, I still got to marry you, didn't I?" He asked.

"Yeah, you did, and I don't regret a second of it." She replied.

My mom never misses an opportunity to mess with my father, and even though it pisses him off, he knows that she is only messing with him. That must be why they've been together for so many years.

It wouldn't be long before the guests arrive for the wedding.

"Ah, looks like it's time. Just remember to not be so nervous." My father said.

"I'll try... not to." I said with a yawn. Now I feel even more anxious than before.

Once the guests arrived to take their seats, the piano started playing, the doors opened, and there she was. Touko was wearing the most beautiful wedding dress you can imagine. She walked down the aisle with a bouquet of flowers in her hands.

She met me at the altar and we looked at each other with happiness.

"That wedding dress suits you nicely." I whispered to her.

"Thanks my love. Your tuxedo suits you, too." She whispered back.

The priest came forward and began the ceremony.
______________________________________

No POV

"Dearly beloved, we gathered here today to celebrate the wedding between Kirigaya Touko-chan and (Y/N) (L/N)-kun in holy matrimony." The priest began.

The two stared at each other.

"Before we begin, if there is a reason why these two shouldn't be together, speak now or forever hold your peace."

There was silence in the church.

"Then we will now begin; Touko-chan, do you take (Y/N)-kun to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked.

"I do." She answered with a smile.

He nodded and looked towards (Y/N).

"And do you, (Y/N)-kun, take Touko-chan to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asked him.

"I do." He answered, smiling as well.

"Very well, now you two may exchange wedding rings." 

(Y/N) placed one of the wedding rings on Touko's left finger, and Touko did the same thing for him. The priest continued talking.

"And now, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you two husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Without a second to waste, Touko wrapped her arms around (Y/N)'s neck, and the two shared their kiss. Everyone clapped and cheered for them, and Touko threw the bouquet behind her. To everyone's surprise, Mashiro was the one who caught it, and she got embarrassed by the attention she was receiving.

And so, with the ceremony now done and over with, everyone headed over to the reception area, where the real fun can begin.

And I am pleased to tell you that the newlyweds lived their lives in total happiness.

The end

A/N: That is it for An Influential Romance and I hoped you guys liked it. Finally, this book has come to an end. Thank you guys for reading this from October 13th, 2021 to January 20th, 2022. Now I will be taking some time off before finishing the other book. Comment down below your favorite chapter from the book, and have a good one.