Chapter 1 - The Big Problem

A few days later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

I woke up a few days later with a sigh. As I got ready to go to school, I began to think about my phone call with the manager a while back. It's been on my mind ever since...

"*sigh* The manager sure knows how to throw me for a loop." I said to myself, and recalled the phone call I had with her.
______________________________________

Flashback - A few days ago...

"Hello, this is (Y/N)."

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun. Sorry for calling you at this hour, but I need to tell you something important." The manager said, sounding desperate.

"That's okay. What's the issue?"

"Well, you see... Live House Comet might be on the verge of getting shut down." The manager explained.

Getting shut down... I can't believe that this is happening. I love working at Comet, and the fact that I might not work there again is breaking my heart.

"W-What? Why is that?" I asked.

"Apparently, the owner is disappointed in us for not being able to draw in good crowds within the last few weeks." The manager explained.

How did the owner came to that conclusion? I mean, sure, Comet is not a popular live house for bands to come to, but we have bands that come over almost everyday, doing band rehearsals and putting on shows. Isn't that good enough?

"Oh... is there anything we can do to save it?" I asked.

"There is, actually. The owner was kind enough to give us a fighting chance." The manager said. "We can bring that up in the next meeting, though."

"Fair enough. Have a good night."

"You too."

We hung up and flopped on my bed before letting out a long sigh. If Comet is going to be shut down forever, then what am I going to do for work?
______________________________________

End of flashback...

Location - Residential Area

As I started walking to school, I was still on edge. After all, the place I consider to be my second home is going to be taken from me without a care in the world. I just hope there is a way to save Comet.

Also, I wonder how Touko and the others will react to this bad news? Since they mostly do band rehearsals at Nanami's place, they don't know the bad news yet. Oh man, thinking about this is giving me a headache.

"Surprise!" A familiar voice called out and hugged me from behind.

I looked back and noticed Touko.

"Oh, Touko. Good morning." I said to her with a smile. Even though I am in pain on the inside, I tried my best not to show it.

"Good morning to you, too. Are you on your way to school?" She asked.

"Yeah, I am. And judging by your school uniform, you're doing the same?" I asked in return.

"Hahaha, was it that obvious, or do you know me so well?" Touko asked with a big grin. I guess it was a little bit of both.

"Hehe, you're smile is having an effect on me." I said with a small smile.

"I'm glad it does." Touko replied, then changed the subject.

"Say, do you think you can walk me to school? I want everyone to know that I have a wonderful best friend." Touko offered.

"I don't think it's a good idea." I replied. "If I take you to your school, there is a chance that I might be late myself."

"Good point... your school as always been rather strict." Touko declared with a sad expression.

"Maybe next time, though, right?"

"Yeah, next time! See you later at your live house!" Touko said and ran off.

Her last sentence made me remembered that Comet was closing. But I shouldn't think about it now, I have to get to school, otherwise it'll be big punishment from the teacher.
______________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Live House Comet

I was lucky that my school kept me distracted from thinking about the live house anymore. I stayed true to my word, and just focused on my studies. But when I got out of school and went to Comet, that all changed. My sad and worried expression came back, but I tried not to show it again.

A meeting was held when I got out of school. It was the manager, myself and the other staff members. The manager told us that in order to save the live house, we have to have a full house by the end of the year. But like I mentioned before, Comet is not popular, so it would be impossible. After the meeting, it was back to work as usual. I was managing the front desk, as well as coming up with a plan to save the live house.

"Not much happening, huh?" The manager asked as she approached me.

"No, not yet. I thought Touko would be here by now, but I guess that's not happening." I said with a sigh. And I really wanted to see her.

"Oh, you and Touko-chan have always been close, huh?" She asked.

"Yeah, she is amazing. She is the best friend I could ask for." I replied.

"How nice. It's too bad you two aren't dating, though." The manager said. "You two would make a good couple."

I didn't know how to respond to that... Me and Touko... a couple? I don't think that is ever going to happen. Besides, I'm sure Touko has her eyes on another guy anyway.

To be continued

A/N: Here is chapter one and I hope you guys liked it. It might be a short, but it might be longer via proofreading. Anyway, see you in the next chapter. :)