Chapter 5 - Mall Date

A few days later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

Ever since we stopped the closure of Comet a few days ago, I have been able to rest easy now. All of our hard work to stop it from actually happening, and I have Morfonica to thank for this. Speaking of Morfonica, I promised Touko that I would go on a date with her. We agreed to go I would decide on where we should go this weekend, but there one problem... I have never been on a date before. 

Not sure what to do, I went over to my mom, who was in the living room watching tv.

"Mom, do you think you can give me some advice?" I asked.

"Of course, son. What's going on?" She asked.

"Well... I am going on a date this weekend, and I don't know what to do." I explained.

"Oh! My son is going on a date! This is so great!" She said, sounding excited. If only dad was here to see me talking about my first date.

"So, tell me, who is the lucky lady?" My mom went on with a smile.

"I'm sure you remember my old friend, Kirigaya Touko." I said.

"Ah, yes, she is your childhood friend, isn't she? Is she the girl?" She asked.

"Yeah, she is." I replied.

My mom was taken aback. She knew all about my strong friendship with Touko, so her hearing that I am going on a date with her like boyfriend and girlfriend was unexpected.

"That is a surprise, why her?"

I began to explain the reason behind this whole date.

"I guess that makes sense." She said.

"Do you know what to do in a date?" I asked.

My mom smiled.

"It's simple, son. Listen carefully." My mom said before telling me everything I need to do on a date. I wonder if Touko is wrestling through this like me.
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Kirigaya Residence, Dining Room

Touko's POV

Tonight for dinner, my grandma has made me her famous soup, something that I have liked ever since I was little. However, I didn't have much of an appetite. I just stared at the bowl, and sighed a bit. My grandma could tell that something was not right with me.

"Touko-chan, is everything okay? You don't seem to be enjoying dinner like you used to." She said.  

"Huh? Is that so? My bad." I said and started to chow down on the soup.

"Touko-chan, if there is something on your mind, you can always talk to me about it." My grandmother would say as she smiled at me.

What do I have to lose?

"Well, you see, my old friend, (Y/N) (L/N), has asked me out on a date this weekend, and... I am worried that something could go wrong." I explained to my grandmother.

She began to beam.

"Ah, dating. This reminds me of when your grandfather first asked me out on a date." She said and blushed.

"Umm, yeah, sure." I replied. My grandma can be a bit... odd when it comes to the reminiscing of the past.

Then we got back to the topic at hand.