Chapter 17 - The Conflict

A few weeks later...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

College started for me a few weeks later after coming home. I did enjoy my college a lot, and I made sure to keep in touch with my parents every now and them. Yes, they were still living in Sweden, and they love it very much. I don't think they plan on moving there any time soon.

And as much as I like my college, there was just one thing missing to make this all perfect: Touko. I did my best to search for her, as I figured she would be out of the house, but I wasn't having any luck.

"I think I should give up and go back to the campus..." I said and began to turn around, but that is when I heard a voice.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?"

I turned around, and found...

"Touko?!"

"Oh wow, it really is you! How are you?" She asked, assuming like I don't know about her new boyfriend.

"Oh, I'm alright. How about you?" I asked, trying not to break down.

"Oh, things couldn't be better!" She replied happily.

I know the reason why she is happy, but I felt like I still had to ask.

"Oh, that's good to know. May I ask why you're so happy?" I asked her.

"Oh, that would be because my boyfriend and I are going to go somewhere special tonight." She replied.

"By boyfriend, are you talking about Shu?" I asked with anger in my eyes.

Touko widened her eyes, shocked by what I said.

"Hang on, how did you know about that?" She asked.

"I saw your social media." I replied.

"Oh, right..."

"How could you, Touko? After everything we have been through, why would you just replace me like that?" I asked.

It looked like she didn't know to answer my question. However, she remain firm.

"Because you left me!" She shouted.

"So, it's my fault then?" I asked.

"Yes! I thought you would try hard to stay here and we can finish high school together, but I can clearly see that it was a mistake!" She shouted.

Touko couldn't hold back the tears anymore. She began to cry and I hugged her as tight as I could.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I whispered.

"You are?"

"Yes. I should've been more firm with my parents about not leaving the country, but as you can see, I came back for you, and I promise not to leave you this time."

I kept hugging her for as long as I can. And eventually, she hugged me and cried on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, too." She said

"About what?" I asked.

"About how I left you for another guy. I knew listening to my mom was a bad idea." She replied.

"Your mother? What are you talking about?"

She began to explain on how she and Shu were even together in the first place, her mother. How could she do that to Touko, her own daughter?

"I guess this means you still love him, then?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"No, I don't, because my true love is here and back in my life."

Touko placed her hands on my cheeks and she gave me a kiss. I kissed her back. This wasn't just any kiss, it was a long and passionate kiss. After a while, the kiss broke and we smiled at each other.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too, Touko."

However, our moment was cut short by the appearance of a certain someone: Shu. As we all made eye contact, Touko was as white as a ghost.

"Hey, who the hell do you think you think you are kissing my girlfriend like that?!" He asked.

"Excuse me, but I am (Y/N) (L/N), Touko's first and only boyfriend." I replied.

"I don't care if you're Prince Charming from Shrek 2, you don't have the right to kiss my girlfriend like that!"

"I hate to break it to you, but Touko told me that she doesn't love you anymore. She likes me, and that is that."

"Have you seen me? I am just like Ryan Reynolds!" He said.

"More like Brian Reynolds..." I said and rolled my eyes. This guy was really getting on my nerves.

Then what about really surprised us. He had a gun on him, and didn't waste anytime pulling it out, and pointing towards me.

"Step away from the girl, or else I will end your life!" He demanded.

"Please... you're no threat. I bet you can't do a thing about it." I said.

That made him mad. He fired a bullet and it was heading towards us. I pushed Touko out of the way, and took the shot. He fired a few more times until I was on the ground and covered in blood. The last thing I saw was Touko, and the terrified face she had.

"Touko... no matter what happens, I will always... love you."

Soon enough, my eyes were closed and I stopped breathing altogether.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 17, and I hoped you guys liked it. What a dark ending to this chapter I put together here. But there is one more chapter left to this whole drama bit. See you guys in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)