Chapter 20 - The Wonderful Engagement

The next day...

Location - The Park

Your POV

I'm at the park waiting for Touko to show up, and when she does arrive, I will have a certain question to ask her, and a certain item to give her. It should come as no surprise that I am going to propose to Touko, and that the item I have in my possession is an engagement ring. I just hope she would be happy with this.

I won't lie, I am a little bit nervous to ask her the question. I had a feeling she won't say no, but there is a chance that I will stumble over my words, and will be embarrassed towards the end. However, I really shouldn't be thinking about it right now.

"(Y/N)! Over here!"

I looked over and saw Touko running towards me. I was really happy to see her, and like our date, she was looking really beautiful.

"Touko! I am so happy that you made it!" I said as I came over to her, and we both hugged each other.

"Sorry if you were waiting for a while, I just wanted to look my best for my boyfriend." She explained. I guess that explains on why she looks so cute.

"It's okay. You're here now, and that's the important part." I smiled.

We sat down on the bench I was sitting on earlier.

"So, what did you want to ask me? It must be important if you're asking me to come meet you on a school night, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is important." I replied. I can feel my nerves starting to get to me.

"I thought so, now spit it out already! I really want to know!" She said.

"Before I do, do you recognize the place that we're at?" I asked.

Touko looked at the park we're at. She said nothing at first, but then, she began to realize something.

"Oh, I remember! This is the park you and I first played together, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, it is." I replied. "You and I had so much fun here."

"Yeah, and I do remember how you accidentally jump off the play structure, and broke your arm." She said.

"Heh, I guess that was the one thing I did want to forget." I said, blushing with embarrassment.

"So, why did you want to bring that up?" She asked.

"Oh, I did it because I picked this spot for me to ask you a very important question." I replied.

"An important question?"

She gasped.

"Do you mean..."

I nodded as I got down on one knee and I showed her the ring.

"Kirigaya Touko, being with you has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. You know how to make me happy as the days go by, and I couldn't replace you with another girl even if I tried. You'll be the only one for me." I said.

I could see the cute blush on her face.

"And so, I need to ask; will you marry me?"

Touko began to tear up.

"Yes! Of course I will marry you!"

"Great-"

Before I could put the ring on her finger, Touko tackled hug me to the ground and kissed me all over my face.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy that you asked me to marry you." She said.

"No need to be sorry. I'm happy that you said yes." I replied.

We got up from the ground and I placed the ring on her finger. Afterwards, she and I shared a long, passionate kiss. Once the kiss was broken, I looked at her in the eyes.

"So, shall we get you home and show your parents and grandmother the ring?" I asked.

"Yes. I bet they're going to like it." She replied.

And so, while we were holding hands and all of that, Touko and I began to leave our childhood park, much happier than before.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you guys for reading chapter 20, and I hoped you guys liked it. Coming up is the epilogue, but that can wait until tomorrow. When that is done, I'll take some time off before finishing My Inspiration, so make sure to look forward to that, and have a good one. :)