Chapter 3 - Dealing With Complications

The next week...

Location - Live House Comet

Your POV

It has been a whole week since Morfornica heard the heartbreaking news about Comet. During this week, they asked the manager if it was okay to help with preparations for the big show. Thankfully, she said yes, and all they had to do was spread the word. And of course, I had to help out around the live house.

It was going to be like this for the next few days, and during the weekend, Nanami came over to see how I was doing.

"Hi hi, (Y/N)-kun." Nanami greeted.

"Hi there, Nanami. How's it going?" I asked.

"It is going well. We were able to convince a lot of people to come check out the live house." She said.

"Well, Touko-chan is at least. She's done most of the talking and left us in the dust." She added with a chuckle.

This was great news. After all, Touko has always been very popular, so having her spread the word was a good idea on the manager's part.

"Heh, giving her popularity, I wouldn't be surprised. But the manager will be pleased about this." I said. As I said before in the past, that's my best friend for you.

"Mhm! She is amazing, I can see why you like her so much." Nanami said.

"Yeah, she and I are good friends." I replied, but then, Nanami made it an odd face, like she was confused.

"You know, Touko-chan was really upset when you didn't tell her that Comet was closing, and she was still upset when the week started." Nanami told me.

"Oh, I see..."

I guess I didn't mean to make Touko sad... I hope I can make it up to her. After all, her happiness means the world to me, and I would do anything for her and her cuteness. Wait, am I thinking she's cute?

"(Y/N)-kun, are you spacing out?" Nanami asked.

"Ah, sorry Nanami. I was thinking about how to make it up to Touko." I replied, and thinking about how cute she was for some reason, but I wasn't going to share that...

"Really? Maybe you can take her out somewhere." Nanami suggested.

"Take her out? You mean... like a date?" I asked before taking a few steps back.

"If you want to word it like that, then yeah, take her out on a date." Nanami said. At this point, what do I have to lose?

"I think I will do that, at least until after the show ends." I said as Nanami nodded, thinking it was a good idea.

"Anyway, I better get back to the others." Nanami said. "Make sure not too work to hard."

"I promise I won't, and thank you for your help." I said and Nanami walked out Comet, and I went back to work.
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Station Entrance

Touko's POV

The band was tasked with getting people to come to our next show at Comet. It was determined that we would this two groups as the days go by: some of us tried to convince people that are over at the station entrance, and the rest handled the shopping district.

At the station entrance, it is me and Mashiro, and we were doing a good job at getting people's attention. Well, I was at least.

"Wow, Touko-chan, your social skills are as amazing as ever." Mashiro said to me softly.

"You think so? Thanks, Shiro." I said with a big grin, then I noticed something...

"Wait, you barely made a dent in the flyers that were given to us." I said.

"S-Sorry, you know I am not as social as you are." Mashiro said as she looked down at her feet in embarrassment. I guess she is not wrong about that.

"Haha, you know, you sound a lot like (Y/N) when we were growing up." I pointed out.

"(Y/N)-kun used to be shy, too?" She asked.

"Totally! He would never admit it, though, but him being shy was the cutest!" I said, basically describing how cute (Y/N) was. Wait, did I thought he was cute? That doesn't sound right...

"Touko-chan, forgive me for asking this, but... do you think (Y/N)-kun is cute?" Mashiro asked out of nowhere. For real, where is this coming from?

"Huh? N-No, not at all. H-He and I are just f-friends and nothing more." I stuttered a response, and blushing as well.

"I've never been in this situation before, but... I don't think there is anything wrong with thinking he is cute." She said softly.

She's not wrong about that, I suppose. During all the years I have been with (Y/N), I have always thought he was cute, but I kept that to myself. Wait, I always thought he was cute? I guess I liked him more than I thought...

"Touko-chan? Are you okay?"

Mashiro brought me back to reality.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"You seem to be deep in thought for a while, is everything okay?" She asked.

"Y-Yeah, everything is fine. How about we go meet up with everyone else?" I suggested as Mashiro agreed with me.

As the two of us made our way over to the shopping district, I began to think about on where I stand with my feelings for (Y/N). He and I have been good friends for a while, but it is odd that I wanted to be more than friends. Could it be that... I am falling in love with my childhood friend? I heard that could happen, but is that the case for us?

Maybe after the show, I can try to figure this out more. But whatever the case, I just hope that (Y/N) doesn't hate me for this...

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. This one was just okay at best.