Chapter 15: Endless Pain

At the castle, Adalie was woken up by a loud bang and she lifts her head to see Hadeon standing there, "Rise and shine, time to get to work." He opens the cell and she stands up and gets dragged out and taken to another room where there was a large machine with black ooze inside. She gulps and gets pulled to an odd plate on the floor and was taken to it. Hadeon gets her to stand there and Adron pulls a lever that closes the handles around her legs, waist and wrists. Adalie whimpers and she moves around and Keres walks over, "You won't be able to escape it really. Now the final touch." There was a big needle that gets inserted into the back of Adalie's neck, making her yelp in pain, "AGH! Nng..." The needle connected to the machine which was also connected to Keres's staff, which still had the key's power, and Hadeon comes back with bodies of dead minotaurs and he gets them set up. 

Adalie shakes in fear as two of the bodies was taken to the top in a similar plate and Keres pushes a button, making the staff glow and the needle starts stinging Adalie's neck, draining her magic. Adalie yells in pain, feeling like her entire body was on fire and she felt her legs get weak and she wanted to lay down, but the handles that held her in place prevented that. The minotaur bodies falls into the glowing muck and a rush wave of the black ooze escapes from another opening, and it bubbles. Keres watches as two minotaurs emerge, and roar to the sky. Despite their undead appearance, they were bigger, stronger, and badder. Keres laughs with joy, "Haha! It worked! It worked!" The two minotaurs look at Keres to wait her command and she chuckles, "You two awaken the others. And then find more of their bodies that were left." They march to the machine and operate it and Keres walks over to Adalie, who was panting as the pain runs through her entire body.

"Aww, what's wrong? Did that hurt?" She makes a pouty face before smiling, "Good. Get comfortable, there's a lot more where that came from." She laughs as she, Hadeon and Adron leave and one of the minotaurs pushes the button and Adalie yells in pain once more as they brought back their dead soldiers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elk was panting, feeling a rush of pain going through his own body. He stands up and runs to Adalie's cottage and looks in the mirror, shaking. Then it felt like he's getting poked with burning needles around his whole body and he yells, "AGGH!" He collapses onto his knees, shaking as the pain grew worse and he climbs back up to the mirror, then jumps back when his eyes flashed light green for a split second, "AH!" He backs away then starts coughing and when he looks at his hand, there was blood ooze like blood and he shakes his head, "No no no. What are they doing to you, Adalie?...." He grunts as another painful shock wave goes throughout his body and he pants when he remembers, "T-The machine...They figured out how to operate it..." 

He curls in a ball, shaking in pain and he hears the door open and sees Rider standing there, who must've seen in all. He backs up into a corner, shaking and feeling like she's going to do something to him, now that she knows. She slowly walks over to him, "H-Hey it's okay. I won't do anything. I'm not going to tell anyone..." He looks up at her and she kneels down and looks at him, "Something is happening that you are feeling. I just want to know what it is. I'm not going to tell anyone about...this. But you have to tell me what they are doing that causing this." Elk regains his breath, shaking, "The machine that is in the castle...They found out how to operate it....that's why they wanted Adalie...they're sucking out her magic...and somehow...I am able to feel her pain...."

Rider stands up, "Maybe because it had your old magic in there, so you can almost still feel it. But I have to tell everyone what they are doing." He tries to stand, "Please...don't tell anyone who I once was...." She nods, "I won't...I'm sure Adalie wants to see you alive when we save her." She runs back to the centaur shaman's tent and Elk manages to get himself up onto the bed and he lays down, trying to make the pain go away. The more Adalie was being tortured, the more pain he felt from his old corrupted magic being used, and he pants, tears falling down his face, "Adalie.... I don't know if you can hear me, but please....I need you to stay strong...We're coming..."

.

.

.

.

.