Chapter 23: A New Blossom

It's been about five years, and things were back to how they used to be before it all. The rift was open to both worlds, and everyone was peaceful towards each other. Humans and centaurs were united once again, and there was nothing but peace. The castle had a few new plants blooming from the rubble as some of the rocks were covered in moss and was left alone for so long. It was a warm summer afternoon, and everyone was gathering at the rift, humans and centaurs all around, chattering and laughing were heard around the docks, and there was an arch with beautiful white ranunculus flowers all over it and Elk was wearing a white suit and he looks around at everyone gathering in, feeling nervous.

The Woman walks over to him, wearing a white gown with a flower crown in her hair, smiling at him and she touches his shoulder, "You nervous about this?" He clears his throat, "I've never had this happen to me before." She chuckles and pats his back, "You got this. I'm sure everything is going to go well. No interruptions this time." She winks and he chuckles a bit, "Yeah you're right." They smile and Emilia walks over to them, smiling, "Oh look at you both." She giggles and looks around, "A big crowd." She turns to Elk, "Just take a deep breath alright? Your bride is almost here." He smiles as Emilia goes back to her seat and the music begins to play and Elk felt his heart begin racing like crazy and everyone turns and looks behind them as Josiah walks with his arm around someone else's.

He carefully walks and smiles at the person walking beside him and whispers, "You nervous?" The person nods and he chuckles, "You can do this. I think you made the right choice." The person smiles under the veil and once they got to the alter, Josiah lets them go from there and he smiles at Elk and joins Emilia, sitting down and watches. Elk smiles and he lifts the veil, looking at Adalie who lets out a small giggle, and the whaletaur shaman rises from the waters in front of the alter, joined by the other shaman and the ceremony starts, and the whaletaur speaks.

"It brings us all a great joy to be reunited on the wonderful summer afternoon to the union of this elktaur and this horsetaur, who are joined together by heart, and have come to seal their love and promises." Johnny Teatime flies in inside his teacup and holds out the rings and Elk and Adalie take them, and the cataur joins the other shaman, smiling. Judge Jacket smiles and she steps forward, "Elk, place the ring around Adalie's fingers and Adalie do the same, and both will repeat after me." They place the rings around each other's fingers, and they smile at each other as Judge Jacket speaks and they repeat back.

 "I promise to hold you close. To take care of you through the darkest moments. To cherish you, love you forever, and keep you safe. To protect you from any dangers and bring comfort to your sadness. In sickness and in health, until death do us part, I make you mine for the rest of my life."

After that, Waterbaby smiles and she steps forward, "Elk, do you take Adalie to be your wedded wife?" Elk smiles and nods, "I do." "And Adalie, do you take Elk to be your wedded husband?" Adalie holds Elk's hands, looking up at him, "I do." The tree shamans speak, "Then by the power invested in all of us, we now pronounce you..." All of the shamans speak at once, "Husband and wife." Waterbaby smiles, "Go on now, kiss her ya goof." Elk chuckles and he picks Adalie up and the two share a kiss together, and everyone claps and cheers. Some flower blossoms and petals float through the gentle summer breeze and the after party begins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was chattering and having a great time. Drinks, cake and other foods being served, and it was just a pleasant and peaceful say. Adalie and Elk were together with the Woman and Adalie giggles, "You were right. Gary's cakes are so good." The Woman laughs, "I know right? Ugh, I haven't had his cakes in so long. Reminds of the good ol times." She and Elk smile at one another and the Woman chuckles, "I'm gonna grab another piece. This is really good." She goes to the dessert table and Elk wraps his arm around Adalie, smiling at her and Adalie giggles, "So, how does it feel to be married?" Elk chuckles and he holds her hands gently, "It feels wonderful, my darling wife." He kisses her forehead, and she laughs, and music was playing, and he holds out his hand, "Shall we?" Adalie takes it and they go and dance together, everyone around watching and smiling.

Josiah and Emilia watch them and Emilia sighs, tears in her eyes, "Look at our baby. She's all grown up." Josiah chuckles and he wraps his arm around his wife, "She's been grown. And she's happy." Adalie and Elk dance and Adalie laughs in joy and soon everyone started dancing together as well until the sun began to set. Once the party was over, everyone returned home and soon the stars were out, twinkling in the night sky. Adalie and Elk cuddle together in Adalie's cottage, laying on her bed, sharing kisses with each other. He kisses her neck and shoulder gently, his beard tickling her and Adalie covers her mouth to prevent from laughing too loud, "That tickles." Elk smiles and he rests his head on her chest, looking at her and she pets his hair gently. She wraps her arms around him and hums softly as she watches Elk drift off to sleep and she starts falling asleep as well. Elk opens one eye and smiles at her, watching her sleep, and he pulls her closer to him, and finally after all these years....he felt completed.

.

.

.

.

.

The End <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for reading "A Change of Nowhere." I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Thank you for all the support and if you would love a book two, let me know, and I'll be happy to continue the story.  I made this book after watching Season 2 of Centaurworld and I just wanted to know what if Elk was given another chance, or if he found love again. And that's when this book was born!

Be sure to check out my Instagram, 'Winterfloof04' to see more art and doodles, and if you have questions, let me know. Yes you can make fanart, I do not mind, don't be afraid to do it. I might make a Discord server so we can all chat, make theories or share art. Again, thank you for reading "A Change of Nowhere" and be sure to check out my other stories as well. If you want a book two, let me know! Thank you and have a great day/afternoon/night <3

Love, Winterfloof04 *the author*

.

.

.

.

.