Chapter 11: Dancing and Catching Feelings

Elk guides Adalie as they dance along with the music playing. She tries not to hurt him, looking at her hooves moving, but he gently lifts her head, and they look at each other and he smiles, "It's okay." Adalie smiles and they continue to dance. The Woman was watching and a smile forms on her face and the centaur shaman woman sits by her, "How are you feeling about this? Even after that small chat we had with him?" The Woman sighs, "Actually, I know I should be jealous or something, but I feel happy that he's getting another chance at his life. A chance to make it better than before, and I'm sure Adalie will help him every step of the way." The shaman woman smiles, "I was surprised you recognized him when he arrived. Are you sure you're okay with them?" The Woman turns her head to the shaman, "It's best for him to  move on like I did. It can help him heal as well. Besides, if he's happy, then I'm happy."

The shaman smiles and chuckles, "I may be old, but it makes me feel better that you two have forgiven one another finally." The Woman nods, "Look how happy he is. He deserves to be happy again. He needs this chance, and I have a feeling he's not going to screw this one up at all." They continue watching as Elk and Adalie dance together and he pulls her close gently, "I thought you aid you're not a good dancer?" Adalie pushes him lightly, "Okay okay, I guess I was wrong." She giggles and part of a flower vine loosens from the tree above them and onto Elk's head, "Oh, well then." Adalie giggles and she balances on her back hooves and gets in back in place, "Sorry, I'll try to-WOAH!" She slips a bit, and Elk catches her in his arms and their eyes met each other.

They both blush at one another and Adalie turns her head, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to slip. I just-" Elk couldn't stop looking at her, until he hears someone whisper his name and he turns to see the Woman trying to get his attention and she whispers something, "Compliment her. Say something, don't stand there." He whispers back, "What do I say?" She shrugs, stuttering, "Uh...s-something. Whatever comes to mind, I don't know." He looks back at Adalie and he looks at her eyes, "Um...your eyes...." Adalie looks back at him, "W-What about them?" He gulps, and he speaks again, "They....they remind me of an amethyst. They're beautiful." Adalie blushes more and she looks away, her cheeks flustered, "Oh gosh. I...That's very sweet, I...um..." Elk looks back at the Woman and the shaman and she smiles at him, giving him a thumbs up. The shaman nudges her a bit, "Nice save." "Ah, just trying to help him out like a good friend."

Elk looks at Adalie and places his hand on her cheek ad she looks at him and she smiles. They get lost in each other's eyes, and the Woman walks over, "Having fun?" Adalie gets down, "Oh hello. Y-yeah, the festival is very fun. How are you enjoying your stay?" She nods, "Your village is very lovely. And your people are very kind and welcoming." Adalie smiles, "Of course. We always like to make everyone feel welcome and at home. You can stay as long as you'd like." The Woman smiles, "I appreciate it." She smiles at Elk and walks over to Horse and her friends and chats along. Adalie looks at Elk, "Did you two know each other?" Elk nods, "We did at one time." Adalie smiles and she takes his hands and leads him to a large cherry blossom tree nearby and they both sit down.

Adalie smiles, "My grandfather planted this tree when my mother was a young centaur." Elk looks at the blossoms as the lights make them glow, "It's beautiful..." He looks back at her, "Like you." Adalie looks back at him, blushing and they get closer to one another and he gently lifts her head, and they lean forward slowly. Suddenly, an arrow was launched near them, and it frightened them both, and three glowing pairs of eyes emerge from the darkness and comes towards the festival.

.

.

.

.

.