Chapter 1: It's a Small World

It was a peaceful day in Centaurworld, and after the war was won against the Nowhere King and everyone was at peace like before. Everyone had set aside their differences and the humans and centaurs were safe once again. A young horsetaur walks along the grassy hills alone, carrying a small satchel with her, and she hums softly. She stops at a small river and looks at her reflection, smiling. Adalie brushes her hair back with her fingers, clutching the satchel close and hops over the river and heads to a cottage ahead and goes inside, "I'm back."

Another female horsetaur walks from the kitchen, "There you are. What took you so long?" Adalie pulls out some lavender and hands it to her mother, "I was having trouble finding these for the recipes. I'm not a little horsetaur anymore, mother." Her father comes out from outside the back, "We know you're grown up, but there's nothing wrong with being too safe." Adalie chuckles, rolling her eyes. She goes to her own cottage next door to her parents and goes inside, setting the satchel down, and looks out the window at the small village of other horsetaurs that left the fancy life to feel free. 

Adalie knows her mother and father, always wanting to be safe and careful. Their village was small, led by an elder horsetaur woman who was sweet and very wise, and some horsetaurs that were living fancy wanted to see what life was like outside the wall, and then this small village was born. Adalie goes to a small bookshelf and takes a couple books and opens a cabinet and takes a couple small bottles and places her supplies in her satchel and she hears the door open and sees her mother, "You're going out again?" 

Adalie looks at her mother, smiling, "Just gonna go practice my magic, that's all." Her mother walks over to her, "I know you like doing that, I'm just worried because you always go far, and I worry you might get hurt. Where do you go to practice even?" Adalie embraces her mother, "I'll be okay. Besides, I like going to abandoned places that are quiet and free from distractions. Don't worry, I'll bring one of my tools to defend myself, okay?" Her mother sighs, "You really are grown up." She giggles and leaves the cottage, carrying her satchel over her shoulder and she walks out the village to the open field to find a place to practice.

.

.

.

.

.