Chapter 18: Return of the Nowhere King

(Play this song during the upcoming scene. It might feel like you're watching an episode, so enjoy! ^^)

The rumbling ceases and Elk was looking down at Adalie's body, and then black ooze begins coming out from the cracks and move towards him. The spear dissolves and turns into ooze, along with Elk's broken antlers that laid and it all clustered and went towards him. Everyone moves out the way and the ooze repairs Elk's antlers, but they were different. He stands up, the ooze forming around his body as he walks to the throne. His fur became rough, parts of his skeleton showed and black tears continuously fall from his eyes. Everyone watches in shock and some in fear as they realized who he was. Keres, Hadeon and Adron watch him and then start backing away as he was coming closer. The zombie minotaurs put down their weapons, no longer in control of Keres, but now in control of him and they looks towards the throne and kneel before him. Josiah and Emilia watch in shock as they see who Elk really was, before hearing Adalie coughing and they hold their daughter close. Adalie opens her eyes as she watches Elk walk to the throne and her eyes water. The griffontaur looks around, growling and she throws her sword, but the elktaur catches it with magic, and throws the sword aside and he opens his eyes to look at her, and his eyes were glowing and green and grabs the griffontaur by the throat with his magic, holding Hadeon and Adron down with the black ooze so they won't be able to stop him. 

Keres pants as she was being brought forward to him, his eyes staring into her, and she struggles, but the more she did, the tighter his grip was and she was directly in his face, and she looks at him, "N-No...you can't be..." Elk lifts her up above him, his voice sounding almost faded, but ghost like, "What? Expecting something else? Or someone else?" He uses his own hand to hold her throat, releasing his magic and growls, his sharp teeth ready to tear her throat, "You have angered the Nowhere King. And you are going to pay with your own life." He throws her to a pillar hard, and Keres coughs and grabs her sword and charges, yelling and Elk appears a weapon of his own and it clashes with her own. They stare at each other before Keres pushes the weapon away and tries to go for his chest, but Elk continues to dodge and slices her cheek, chuckling. 

Keres snarls, and pounces, her talons out and Elk holds her back away from him, and she growls, "I fought in your army. I fought by your side!" Elk looks at her, his eyes glowing, "That was when I was corrupted. I am no longer who I once was. I was given another chance, and you took the person away that gave me that chance!!" He eyes the staff and grabs it, "And the keys power is too powerful for the likes of you!" He smashes the orb and the magic escapes back into the key staff that the Woman held and he hits Keres with the broken staff before he throws her to the stone ground and she grips her sword and tries to stab him but fails, and she gets upset, "Hold still!" She almost went for his face, but he stops her sword with his own bare hand, and he grips it tightly. She pulls her sword back, slicing his hand and he grunts. She raises her sword for the kill, but with a blast of air was pushed away and gets rammed into a pillar. Elk looks behind him and sees Adalie alive, panting with her hand out and Emilia pulls her back to lay down and pets her hair.

Keres pants, unable to get back u p, and Elk walks over to Adalie and kneels next to her, "Adalie..." He touches her cheek and she smiles at him, "I'm okay....you don't need to kill her...you're better than that...better than them..." She touches his cheek as well and he nuzzles it a bit and looks up at Josiah and Emilia and they nod in agreement. Suddenly, the rumbling started happening again and the ceiling began to crack, rocks falling and Wammawink shouts to everyone, "It's gonna collapse! We have to get out of here before we all get crushed!" Rider mounts Horse and everyone starts to escape the collapsing castle. Emilia and Josiah help Adalie up, Elk follows them, and they run to the exit, but then Adalie was yanked back by Keres's own magic and Elk looks back and snarls and runs back, "Go! I'll be right there!"

.

.

.

.

.