Chapter 9: Preparations

The day of the festival had arrived, and everyone was making quick last-minute preparations to get everything ready. Everyone gets decorations up, the food tables ready and everyone was whipping up something for everyone to eat. There was even a pile of shiny stuff labeled, "Glendale's pile" and there were even stuff for the shamans of Centaurworld, along with stuff for Horse and her friends. All the centaurs were getting ready, and soon everything was almost done in time before the Blue Moon Festival began that night, even Elk helped around a bit to prepare everything.

The tree had strings with white and blue flowers, and Josiah's moon carving was being hung in the middle where it could be seen when everyone else arrived. Emilia walks over and smiles, "You really outdid yourself hun." Josiah chuckles, "Well you know me. Elk helped me a bit making it too." She kisses his forehead and walks on, continuing to help with the flowers and decorations and Josiah walks over to Elk, "So, is this your first Blue Moon Festival?" Elk nods, "It actually is. I've never attended one before, so I feel like I might like it." Josiah chuckles, "You're gonna love it. It's really fun. Partying, games, the food, everyone socializing. Oh, do you have anything to wear?"

Elk tilts his head a bit, "I don't have anything. In fact when I arrived, I had nothing to wear." Josiah scratches his beard, thinking and then snaps his fingers, "I think I still have my old Blue Moon Festival suit. I wore it when I proposed to Emilia that day. Come with me. I'm sure it will fit you." Elk follows him to the cottage and he looks through the closet, "Now where is it? Aha!" he pulls out a white suit that had a blue tie on it, and it had silver swirls on the sleeves, "I'm sure you'll look good in this." Elk holds it, "Are you sure it will fit me?" Josiah shrugs, "We won't know until you try it on." Elk puts on the white shirt that was there, then the jacket, and adjusted the tie, and surprisingly, it fit him perfectly. 

Josiah examines, "So, how does it fit? Too tight? Too loose?" Elk looks at himself in the mirror, "It fits perfect." He smiles and Josiah pats his back, "You look good in it too. Here, the festival is gonna start in a few hours, so you should probably finish helping, then clean yourself up, and this will be in Adalie's cottage for you. Adalie is going to be getting ready somewhere else because her mother and some friends are going to help her." Elk takes the suit off and smiles, "Thank you." Josiah nods, "Don't mention it. Trust me, you're going to have a lot of fun at the festival tonight. And I'm sure you'll love what Adalie is going to wear. But it's a surprise."

Elk turns his head, "What is she going to wear?" Josiah shakes his head, laughing, "She wants to surprise you. I ain't spoiling anything. Now go on. There's still stuff to do before the fun starts." He gently pushes Elk outside, chuckling and Elk walks away as Josiah goes somewhere else. Elk looks around and he sees Adalie helping out by holding the basket with the flower decorations and she notices him and smiles sweetly, causing him to blush a bit before he snaps out of it when a few horsetaurs walk by him carrying stuff, "Excuse us, sorry." He backs up, "My apologies." He watches Adalie and smiles at her, before watching her walk off somewhere else and soon a few other centaurs began arriving for the festival, ready for the fun to begin.

.

.

.

.

.