(15) BETRAYAL, OR HOW NOT TO LEARN FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES

FRIDA

My vision is blurry.

The streets were moving while I would stand still.

My feet would barely touch the ground - or so it seemed.

Until I collapse in the middle of a street, caught up by two strong arms.

The car is comfy, but soon I understand.

I cannot move, I cannot react.

I just am immobilised, in that ridiculously fancy dress I bought for my first date with Ingrid.

Now, I don't know if I would ever see her again one day.

My heart hurts, my eyes close.

Is this the end...?

***

JILL

I wake up with a smile on my face this morning, as Christen is making pancakes on the small kitchen of her small apartment. 

Apart from being amazing sexually speaking, last night was also full of deep talks and endless laughters. 

I get up and wrap my arms around Christen from behind, kissing her neck. 

"Hi" I whisper, which makes her shiver. 

She smirks, before turning around and kissing my lips.

"Hey you - I hope you're hungry."

"Oh, that I am" I say, smirking. I peck her lips one more time, before asking: "Is it okay if I use your shower?"

"Sure!"

Nodding my head, I kiss her neck and go back to her bedroom to gather my clothes that were everywhere on the ground. At the same time, I take the time to do her bed and to tidy her clothes as well, before I grab my phone.

My eyes go wide when I read my messages:

{6:37 AM} From Lia Wälti: where the hell are you ? did you forget about the joint meeting about next week's mission? 

{7:45 AM} From Alexia Putellas: Report to duty as soon as you see this, or I'll fire your ass.

{8:05 AM} From Lia Wälti: I swear to God, if they make me go there alone because of you I'll fucking kill you.

Jeez, I think to myself, almost amused, chill out Wally. 

When I go back to the kitchen, Christen is holding a gun, pointing it right at me, a cruel smile on her face. 

"I suggest you shut your mouth and sit the fuck down. Oh, and put your phone on the table."

"Woah, Christen, chill, I-"

"Jenni was right about you: you've got more sex drive than brains, Jill Roord."

"H-how do you-"