(24) BABY GAYS AND LGBTQIA+ RIGHTS, AM I RIGHT?

SPECIAL PoV CHAPTER

SAKINA

Although my life choices have never been the best ever, I certainly did not expect to find myself involved with serial killers, mafia boss and a secret killer organisation

Although my life choices have never been the best ever, I certainly did not expect to find myself involved with serial killers, mafia boss and a secret killer organisation. At least, I did not think any of those things were possible when I started working for Ingrid Engen at The Times two years ago. 

But here we are now: I am sitting at my desk, conducting researches about an article that I had to render the same day, in collaboration with Jordyn, my best friend. When she found out about my involvement in a police case, she found it weird at first, but quickly forgave me for hiding things, knowing that I was only trying to make things better - although it wasn't the best way possible to do so. 

As I am focused on my article with a coffee in hand, I didn't see Jordyn come closer, and when she puts a hand on my shoulder, I literally jump off my chair, my hot coffee falling right on my new pullover. Making a weird noise because of how hot the coffee was, I just start panicking.

Jordyn's intense blue eyes were on me, as she exclaims:

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Saki! I didn't mean to... Wait, let me..."

Grabbing a tissue, she starts moping up the liquid from my pullover, pressing her hands on my chest, making me shiver from head to toes. 

Oh, have I mentioned that I've been having an ultimate crush on my best friend for the last six years? Probably not, 'cause I was too much of a coward to try anything. 

Either way, while Jordyn is trying to make things better, we catch eyes and, once we both realise how uncomfortable the situation was, she removes her hands from my chest, staring at me in the eyes.

"Uh..." she starts, visibly uneasy, "I'm sorry. Are you hurt?"

"U-um... n-no, I'm fine, the coffee was gettin' cold s-so it didn't burn too m-much..."

"Thanks heavens" Jordyn comments, cracking a smile.

Oh mon Dieu comment une femme peut être à la fois si belle, drôle, intelligente et putain d'hétéro? I ask myself, confused. (English: Oh my God, how can a woman be simultaneously beautiful, funny, smart and fucking heterosexual?)

Realising I was acting weird, I start having a nervous laugh, before awkwardly saying:

"Sooo, e-euh, I'll just... you know, get back to work! Sorry!"

Jordyn chuckles.

"You're apologising when I'm the one destroying your outfit?" the taller girl asks, smirking, evidently making fun of me as she always does. I nod my head, blushing, while she adds: "Come here, I can give you another top, I've got an extra one on me."

"O-oh, no need, r-really-"

"Saki, no offence, but you've got brown liquid all over your white pullover. You might as well take the top."