PROLOGUE

RECAP

After a long wait, the partial truth was finally revealed: while Alexia was part of Saint Ives' newly born drug deal during her high school's years, Leah was drugged with a synthetic amnesia mixture and woke up next to Maria Leon's body (Alexia's sister) during Senior Prom Night. In order to protect her, Ingrid killed the policeman in charge of the case, Jason McCabe, after he assaulted her, and got away with it. 

Four years later, the three friends lived in London - Alexia works for the London Police Department and is linked with the MI6 ; Ingrid is a renowned journalist for The Times ; Leah attends a prestigious college. When Jason McCabe's body is found, the three women need to protect their secret once more.

In the end of last book, we found out that Pernille Harder, ancient drug-partner with Alexia, Ada Hegerberg and Sam Kerr, staged Leah's awakening next to Mapi's body, with the help of Jason McCabe's daughter, Katie, but did not kill the Spanish. Following a confrontation, Leah lost her life, as well as Pernille and Katie. 

Where we left off: During Alexia's mother's funeral, her younger sister Mapi makes a comeback from the dead after her grave got dug out of the cemetery in Saint Ives, while Ingrid get abducted.

The remaining questions are:

1) Who is the person behind the text messages?

2) Why would Mapi have faked her own death? 

THE VELVET KILLERS, BOOK II begins where the last book ended. Enjoy.

________________________________________

POVs OF THIS BOOK

Fridolina Roflö - head journalist of The Guardian in London, nemesis/love interest to Ingrid, is back to try and find the Norwegian.

Marìa "Mapi" Leòn - after everybody believed she was dead for four years, she mysteriously makes a comeback amongst the living... with very good reasons explaining why she did what she did...

 with very good reasons explaining why she did what she did