(11) WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

FRIDA

Setting my jaw, I finally press the send button:

To Ingrid Engen - I am a coward when it comes to feelings and love and relationships. If you aren't too angry at me for not showing up the other night, please meet me on our favourite bridge - the one where you made you phone fall onto the Thames.

My nervousness was palpable from miles away, as I put my phone down and start conducting researches on Andrine Hegerberg - it's better to know everything about the woman you killed, right?   

At least for now, it would help me get Ingrid out of my mind.

***

JILL 

Lia is three minutes late, as I just let out in a bitchy tone:

"Quite ironic for a Swiss to be late given your capacities in watchmaking, uh?" 

Rolling her eyes, the brunette just ignores me, before saying:

"So, this is it: the last place Andrine Hegerberg was spotted to in a camera surveillance before she died. Care to go in first, just in case somebody's armed?"

"You have some ovaries, I gotta give you that" I let out, not that impressed. While the green-eyes turns toward me, I just add: "But to me you're just the bitch that betrayed my friend, so if someone deserves to get shot first, it's you."

Setting her jaw, Lia stops argumenting and walks into what seemed on the outside to be a small bar. 

As soon as we get in, I am struck by the modern yet ancient appearance of the fourniture: it was fancy and cozy at the same time, but one thing was for sure: it was way more than a bar. Of course you had the barista with all the alcohol, some tables and even a scene that was vacant for now, but the bar was kind of full. Lia and I had trouble in acceding to the main bar to order some drinks - alcohol of course - and while I look around nervously, the brunette just checks her phone: no news from Putellas, which meant that there weren't more information she had to give us for now. 

After a while, Lia also looks around and hits my arm, and as I am about to get mad at her, she hisses in a whisper:

"Holy shit, isn't that Jennifer Hermoso?"

I turn my head to look where she is herself looking, and my jaw drops: it indeed is Mapi's old associate that was last seen in Saint Ives a few months ago while Alexia and Shelina were under cover there. Funny enough that she disappeared right before Ada and Sam were killed, but now she's in London? How long has she been there? She seems to be inside a big group... 

Just as I am thinking that, I can see one of the girl that was hanging out with Jenni spotted us before whispering something into the Spanish' ear - it was almost like she was their boss or something.

Frowning, as movement occurs from their side, I grab Lia's hand and laugh loudly, as the Swiss goes along with it, not without asking in between two fake laughters:

"What the hell are you doing?"

"We will pretend we are on a date, 'cause they are coming our way right now."

Nodding her head, Lia laughs again, caressing the top of my hand. 

And I was right (of course): Jenni suddenly appears on our field of view, followed by two women that looked like small bodyguards.