IX

Archer woke up to the sound of the door opening. She looked up and saw a girl with bushy, brown hair, like that of a lion's mane. "Sorry, did I wake you?" She asked. "Yeah, kind of. . . But it's okay." Archer replied, sitting up, Nagini slithering back into her pocket. "Okay, well. . . Have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost his." The girl said, straightening back up. "No, sorry." Archer said. Just then, Harry woke up, rubbing the remaining sleep from his ruby eyes.  "Well, you best be getting into your robes, I spoke with the conductor and she said that we're almost there. Farewell." The girl said, when walked off.

Harry looked at Archer with a confused look. She shrugged and pulled her cloak on, not wanting to take the hoodie off that was hiding her snake. Harry did the same and the two pulled on their hoods, the shadows hiding their features. The twins sat in silence while looking at the shadowed landscape. Night had fallen and covered everything in darkness. The train stopped and the two got out of the cabin, their hands in their hoodie pockets, holding Nagini and Hydrath for comfort. "Firs' Years! Firs' Years! Follow me!" The twin knew that voice anywhere. Hagrid.

"Hello, Hagrid." Archer said, her eyes reflecting the light of the lantern Hagrid was holding. "Well, 'ello you two! Have a nice ride?" Hagrid asked. The two nodded their heads and Hagrid smiles. "Well, then! Let's get a move-on, shall we?" The half giant says, walking towards a lake with dozens of boats docked. "Firs' Years! Follow me!" He says. "Into the boats, please!" Hagrid continued. "No more'n four to a boat!" He continued, pointing to the fleet of boats. Archer and Harry climbed into a boat with the bushy-haired girl, and a red-headed boy.

Hagrid shouted something at the front of all the boats and they started moving forward. All the boats moved at once, gliding across the glass-like surface of the lake. No one spoke as they looked at the massive castle in front of them. "Watch yer heads, now!" Hagrid called out to everyone. Once the boats were docked, Hagrid led all the First Years up a flight of stairs to a giant door, where he knocked a few times. 

A/N: Sorry this was a short chapter, it was mostly filler.