VII

"We still need our wands." Archer said, reading the list in her hand. Harry had fallen asleep on her back, but she didn't care. "Well, we'll go to Ollivander's, ain't no place better to get a wand." Hagrid said. The three walked in and Hagrid sat down on a large chair. "Hello? Um, hello?" Archer called, waking Harry up from his nap. The twins heard a small thud and they looked up. A man was standing on a rolling ladder, his grey eyes shining in the darkness of the shop. "I was wondering when I was going to meet you two." He said, climbing down.

"It seems only yesterday your father was in here buying his first wand. . . Ah." The man said as he scanned the endless rows of wand boxes. He walked to the front holding a box in his hand, his eyes never leaving the twins. "Try this one, Harry." The man said, handing Harry the wand. Just as the wand got into his hands, the man took it away. "Nope." He went back into the stacks of boxes for a few minutes, then came out holding another box. "Here, Archer. Try this." He said, handing Archer the wand.

As soon it touched her palm, the man also took it away. "Also no." He muttered. This continued for almost two hours until he saw a bloody-like box, wider than the others. "I wonder. . ." He mumbled, barely audible. He turned and faced the twins, his eyes seemed to be glowing in the darkness. He walked towards the two, box in hand. He slipped on some gloves and gave the two the wands. The wands were a jet-black color, fading into a bloody-red at the top and a silver snake carved into the handle. As soon as the wands were handed over, the siblings' eyes seemed to shine brighter for a split second.

The man didn't take the wands away, just looked at them with a cautious look. "Curious. . . Very curious. . ." The man whispered. "Sorry, but what's curious?" Archer asked, looking at the wand and back to the man. "I made these wands when I very first met your father, not knowing why. I had a feeling that one day, two children would walk in, with the same ruby eyes, and they would have the power to use them." The man bent down to Archer and Harry's level. 

"And I have a feeling that I was right." He finished. "Who was our father?" Harry asked. "I cannot say his name, for it is feared." The man looked around, as if someone was listening. "Can you tell us why?" Archer said. "He was a powerful man, but he let the power consume him. He was great, terrible, yes, but great." The man whispered, standing back up. Archer and Harry looked at each other and to their wands. This man, their father, was evil. 

"Well, he wasn't always power-consumed." The man said. The twins looked at him, their eyes shining. "He was still mad, but not always evil. He was still a great wizard, children. Never forget that." And with that, the man vanished into the stacks of boxes once again. They heard a slight tapping noise, and saw Hagrid in the window. The two walked outside and saw Hagrid holding a cage covered by a blanket. "I saw that Harry had that snake toy, so. . . Happy Birthday, to you both." He said, lifting the blanket enough for the twins to see two snakes curled up in the back, fast asleep.

"Name them, go on!" Hagrid said, smiling. Archer chose the one on the left, and Harry chose the right.

"Hello, Nagini and Hydrath." The twin said at the same time. The snakes slithered to the front of the cage and nodded. 'Hello, young ssspeakersss." They hissed in the unknown language.