III

Petunia helped Dudley inside the house and Vernon shoved the twins inside. He grabbed them by their hair and growled. "WHAT HAPPENED!?" He yelled. "We don't know! One minute the glass was there!" Archer stated. "And the next it was gone, it was like magic!" Harry finished. Vernon dragged the two upstairs to their room and shoved them inside, closing and locking the door. "There is no such thing as magic!" Vernon snapped and stomped down the stairs.

Harry walked over to his bed and laid down, tears streaming down his snowy cheeks. Archer looked at him and screamed in her head. "This isn't fair! Why did mum and dad have to be related to these. . . these. . . MONSTERS!" Archer yelled. Harry stood up and hugged his twin, calming her down. "I'm sorry for yelling, Harry. . ." She apologized. "It's okay. I know why you yelled, and I agree with you." He said, letting go of Archer. Harry walked back to his bed and laid down, holding an old teddy bear that Dudley used to have that was in the room. Archer walked to the desk and sat down, looking at the grey, cloudy sky.

The next day, no one came to wake up the twins, but Archer didn't care. She knew that their Aunt and Uncle did this when they didn't want to see her and Harry. She let Harry sleep while she worked on opening their window. When she got it unlocked and opened, she took out an old suitcase from the closet and started packing up clothes for her and her brother. They were going to leave this horrid place and never come back again. She slipped on some dark grey jogging pants and her green hoodie, then took out some clothes for Harry. 

Archer looked at the alarm clock and walked over to Harry. "Harry, wake up." She said, gently shaking him. Harry's red eyes opened slowly as he looked at Archer. "What's wrong?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "We're leaving, put these on." She said, handing him the clothes she got out for him. He quickly got dressed and he held his teddy, while Archer helped put his shoes on and tied them. 

She looked out the open window at the dark, starry sky. She looked at the clock again. 5:00 am. Vernon normally wakes the two up before going to work to start on outside chores, not wanting the neighbors to see them, but the car was gone, and everyone else was asleep. Archer dropped the suitcase out the window and hopped out, motioning for Harry to do the same. He dropped down, and Archer caught him. They grabbed the suitcase and the teddy bear and started running away from the house.

They got to the end of the neighborhood when they finally stopped running to take a break. Harry sat down and hugged his teddy. "Where are we going to go?" He asked, his bright red eyes glistening in the moonlight. "I. . . I don't know. . ." Archer sighed, sitting down next her twin. Her ruby eyes reflected the lights around them, but a pair of lights kept getting closer, and really fast, too. Archer stood up and pulled Harry with her, and they backed away from the road. A triple-decker bus stopped in front of them and a man stood at the door.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus, here for any stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stanley, and I will be your conductor tonight." The man --Stanley-- said. Stanley looked up and saw the two ten-year-old's and frowned. "Who are you?" He asked, his hands on his hips.