Chapter 22

~*~*~Hayley's POV~*~*~

Today was Monday, the worst day of the week. That meant that I had to go to school. Now don't get me wrong, I live the school its self. The grounds are just beautiful. It's oceanfront, overlooking the nicer parts of the Chesapeake Bay, the largest estuary in the world. Although, its not the cleanest estuary ever, it's still beautiful to look at. Today was no exception. I got to school at 7:15 and just sat at one of the benches overlooking the Bay. I pulled out my iPod and pulled up my One Direction playlist. Just because one of its band members broke my heart, doesn't mean I can't listen to their music, right?

As I sat at the bench, I thought about everything that's happened recently. Maya just got out of rehab and it looking happier than I've seen her in weeks. Derek just got sentenced a few weeks ago to 97 months in jail, basically a little over 8 years. Which has made Maya a little bit more like her old self, I think, knowing that there's no way Derek can touch her, or even see her. One Direction is about to finish their tour tonight in New York. Jamie had bought two tickets to the show, 2nd row seats to the right of the stage, the area that Liam travels to the most. I had no intention of going, but Jamie was black mailing me into it, pulling the old pictures from elementary school. She threatened to send a school-wide text with the picture of me from kindergarten I had my hair in pigtails and a goofy smile on my face. I was holding my beagle stuffed animal from Build-A-Bear that I took with me everywhere, despite my parents trying to break me from it.

I had become so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Cameron and her gang of sluts walk up to the bench.

"Oh girls, look what we have here. Fatty Hatty with her books again." Cameron sneered. I looked up and saw her standing next to the bench with the sluts behind her.

They were dressed in their usual lot-cut shirts with their obvious push-up bras. Cameron had a lime green one on underneath her yellow shirt. Kaitlyn, one of the skanks as I called them, had a cheetah print bra under a white tee; and Baylee, the other skank, was wearing a bright pink bra on under her an orange shirt. Each of them had on a different colored pair of skinny jeans "complemented" by a pair of Toms. All in all, they looked like idiots with their bras showing and their jeans. Cameron had jean colored ones on, Kaitlyn a baby blue pair, and Baylee had on a peachy pink pair on. On top of all that, they had tons of make-up caked onto their faces. They looked like skinny clowns, literally.

Today was a dress down day that we have on the Monday of the last week in the month. I had just thrown on my comfy boot-cut pants and my worn out Ravens fitted tee with a soccer hoodie overtop. I slipped on my pair of Uggs, mostly hidden underneath my jeans.

"Is that what you call an outfit? Jeez, you don't even have any make-up on. No wonder you're called ugly. Oh wait, that's cuz you are ugly!" Kaitlyn sneered, looking at her perfectly manicured fingers.

"Well at least I don't look like a clown with my bra showing and brightly colored clothes on." I said, not even bothering to look at them. I kept my gaze on the Bay, watching the waves rhythmically crashing into the rocks.

"Yeah, clowns." Baylee said, a smile on her face.

"Shut up Baylee. That was an insult, aimed at us. Stop being so stupid." Cameron snapped, glaring at Baylee.

"Oh." Baylee's smile fell.

The bell rang over the school grounds, calling all of us to class. I was on my way to my locker and then to AP Chemistry with Mr. Apple. But, of course, as I got up from the bench, Cameron slapped my books out of my arms and strutted into the school. I could hear someone run up to me.

"Hey, are you ok?" A masculine voice asked. I looked up to meet eyes so blue, they looked like the ocean.

"I-I think so." I mumbled.