The new girl

Y/N's pov:

         My  mom had been acting weird recently, she had been almost hinting the i would have to leave my hometown for something by saying little things like " mi hija, just know we wont always be in this house" which obviously wasn't the most subtle hint and other things along that line. I always knew something was up, whenever i went to my room to sleep my mom and dad would fight with each other almost quietly. it was only when they called me down stairs i knew what they were fighting about.

 " Y/N  we need to talk.."

 that's when i knew things were about to go down hill.

 " we're getting a divorce, you going to live with your dad in Colombia" 

"w-what? But what about you mami? am i going to see you?" I asked worried. 

" unfortunately you wont see her often due to the long distance. You will probably only see her on major holidays if that.." This broke me.

 Why? Why was it so bad that i had to move away and not see them both equally? Though I had many protests against this I couldn't do much considering they had already signed the papers for the divorce, forcing me to move away the next day.

No ones pov: 

        You successfully got to the small town in Colombia and unpacked your stuff. You though that making your new room the way you wanted to would make it  easier to deal with being separated from your mom. You made your room the way it was before you moved with little changes because of the format of the room. You decided to meet the towns people to get yourself familiar with the town.

Y/N's pov:

I walked outside to find a small river at the back of my house not on anyone's property, I thought it would be a good place to sit and (whatever your hobby is). I walked around town getting acquainted with the neighbors. "Hi! my name is Y/N, nice to meet you!" " hello Querida, you know if you new you should definitely go meet the madrigals at the top of the mountain just over there!" an old women suggested.  I took her advice and went to the hill just up the road, It was a colorful casita with many flowers and people getting ready for some event. I went up  to the front entrance to find a girl with a large basket in hand and many kids by her side. "Hello, do you live here miss?" The girl quickly turned around to look at me. "Yes! my name is Mirabel madrigal, are you new around here?" she asked nicely. "yes, i'm new and wanted to meet some of the towns folk, My names Y/N by the way". "well nice to meet you Y/N, i hate to ask but could you help me carry this into the casita?" " No problem!". 

no ones pov: 

         You walk into the house with the basket to see a hurricane? "what the hell" you thought to yourself. She must have seen your confusion because Mirabel quickly shoved you into the kitchen. "what was that all about?" you asked placing the basket on the counter. " well since you asked.." She went on to tell you about the miracle and the whole story of what happened before and after the miracle happened. 

This is our home
We've got every generation
So full of music
A rhythm of its own design
This is my family
A perfect constellation
So many stars and everybody gets to shineWhoa!
But let's be clear, Abuela runs this show, whoa
She led us here so many years ago, whoa
And every year our family blessings grow
There's just a lot you've simply got to know, soWelcome to the Family Madrigal
The home of the Family Madrigal (we're on our way)
Where all the people are fantastical and magical
I'm part of the Family MadrigalOh my gosh, it's them!
What are the gifts? (I can't remember all the gifts!)
But I don't know who is who!Alright, alright, relax!It is physically impossible to relax!
Tell us everything! What are your powers?
Just tell us what everyone can do!And that's why coffee's for grown-ups!My tía Pepa
Her mood affects the weather
When she's unhappy
Well, the temperature gets weird
My tío BrunoWe don't talk about Bruno!They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared
Oh! And that's my mom Julieta, here's her deal, whoa
The truth is, she can heal you with a meal, whoa
Her recipes are remedies for real
If you're impressed, imagine how I feel, Mom!Welcome to the Family Madrigal
The home of the Family Madrigal
(Hey, coming through!)
I know it sounds a bit fantastical and magical
But I'm part of the Family MadrigalTwo guys fell in love with Family Madrigal
And now they're part of the Family MadrigalSo yeah, Tío Félix married Pepa
And my dad married Julieta
That's how Abuela became an Abuela Madrigal
(let's go, let's go!)We swear to always
Help those around us
And earn the miracle
That somehow found us
The town keeps growing
The world keeps turning
But work and dedication will keep the miracle burning
And each new generation must keep the miracle burningWait, who's a sister and who's a cousin?
There's so many people
How do you keep them all straight?Okay, okay, okay, okay
So many kids in our house
So, let's turn the sound up, you know why?
I think it's time for a grandkid round up
(Grandkid round up)Cousin Dolores can hear a pin drop
Camilo shapeshifts
Antonio gets his gift today
My older sisters
Isabela and Luisa
One strong, one graceful
Perfect in every wayGrows a flower, the town goes wild
(Isabela)
She's a perfect golden child
(Luisa! Luisa! Luisa! Luisa!)
And Luisa's super strong
The beauty and the brawn do no wrongThat's life in the Family Madrigal (whoa)
Now you know the Family Madrigal (whoa)
Where all the people are fantastical and magical (whoa)
That's who we are in the Family Madrigal! 

You were slightly startled by the song but enjoyed it none the less. Just then she told you that her cousin gift ceremony was tonight and invited you. You happily accepted the invite and decided to go home and help with whatever your dad needed help with and get ready for the ceremony.