Chapter 3 ☆ Pain ☆

Midoriya's pov

Since we had the day off, we had some bonding time even Aizawa sensei was here to make sure everyone participated. We were going to play truth or dare, I'm really excited Kacchan's playing too. Though Aizawa sensei had been glaring at Kacchan since we started because it seemed like he wanted to leave.

"So Izuku-Kun what's your relation with that obnoxious guy there?" Uraraka-San questioned as she pointed at Kacchan. "Don't call Kacchan obnoxious, he's my childhood friend!" I yelled out as I turned to him. "What is it, Deku?" he asked. "What happened to your eyes?" I questioned. "But there's nothing wrong with his eyes." Kirishima-Kun says as he frowns in confusion. "No but he had such beautiful ru-" "Deku, you're imagining it." Kacchan cut me off. "Then are you wearing contacts?" I questioned. "Oi why the hell would I be wearing contacts when I'm wearing glasses already?" Kacchan yelled as I look at him dumbfounded. "Whatever it is you're talking about, it could also be an effect of his quirk." Mina-San butted in. "Maybe." I mumbled I was not convinced at all.

After a few more rounds it was my turn again. "So, what do you think about your soulmate?" Denki-Kun asked. "I'm not sure I haven't met my soulmate yet but I'd like to ask them why they gave up on our bond." I answered. At that Kacchan stood up and walked away, not even Aizawa sensei was able to stop him as at the same moment my string turned grey which meant that my soulmate was suicidal. Uncle had teached me everything he knew about string colors. Aizawa sensei sighted as he too left, guess he was only here to make sure Kacchan was participating.

"Hey, how can you figure out who my soulmate is?" I asked. "You could try tugging at your string and if your soulmate is close enough, they'll be pushed to you." Iida-Kun answered. "Can your soulmate save you from committing suicide?" I then proceeded to ask. "Yes, when you are planning to take your own life or are on the verge of dying in a situation where you can be saved, your soulmate's string would turn white. If you know who they are you can safe them and even if you don't, tugging at the string or following it helps too." Yaoyoruzu-San said. "Why do you guys keep saying they?" Tsu-San questioned. "Because in many cases the gender is not known and there's a probability that you might get two soulmates." Iida-Kun answered. So, my soulmate probably knows I'm his soulmate is that why they gave up on our bond?

"So truth or dare, Izuku-Kun?" Uraraka-San asked. "I've been choosing truth every time so a dare." I answer. "Break your soulmate string." Uraraka said innocently. "I don't see the harm in it since our soulmate has given up on your bond." Iida-Kun stated. "Yeah, we're not being a part of this bull crap." Denki says as a few of my classmates leave. "So, how do we break it?" I questioned. "Imagine it gone." Iida answered as I searched for my string. I imagined it gone, it started fading until a very faint thread was left over. As I pulled at it the color changed from dark red to a bright red, my string had broken. Not even seconds later a heartbreaking scream is heard.

Aizawa sensei, All Might, Midnight and Recovery Girl rushed in our common room. "What was the cause of the scream?" Aizawa sensei questioned yet none of us answered. "It sounded like someone got their string broken." Recovery Girl commented as Aizawa sensei and Midnight sensei rushed up to the dorms to get everyone down here. "What the fuck is going on?" Kacchan questioned as Midnight sensei whispered something to Aizawa sensei. "She's saying that one of them is acting." Jiro-San whispers to me as she looked at everyone who had just came down.

"Sensei, can I talk to you?" Kacchan said as sensei nodded. "My old man is sick, I need permission to leave the school premises." Kacchan said as he gave Aizawa sensei a pained smile. It seemed to me that Kacchan was the one who was sick.