Chapter 2

Featured to the right is a picture of what I imagine all the characters, introduced in chapter one and two, would look like. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

Christy's POV

I could feel his eyes on me as I swerved around the drunken sports fans, trying not to drop the tray full of drinks all over me. That could end disastrous. The way his eyes followed me as I moved every which way sent chills dancing down my spine. I glanced over my shoulder, meeting his gaze. His eyes were filled with hunger. He sipped his beer, the third one of the night, not taking his eyes off me. His curls lay messily over his forehead, casting a shadow over his eyes. The dark shade of green in his eyes looked almost black, making goose bumps rise on my bare arms. 

My head was pounding from the cheering that would commence when something happened on the TV and the smell of alcohol roaming in the air didn’t help. My aching feet throbbed through my converse as I walked behind the bar, filling the next round of drinks and placing them on my tray. I could still feel his eyes on me and I was getting majorly creeped out.

“I think someone’s taken an interest in you.” Katie, our main bartender, said. She nudged me with her shoulder, gesturing to him. I gulped; the hunger in his eyes grew as our eyes made contact. I flashed a slight smile at her, letting out a fake chuckle, trying to hide my fear.

I noticed his beer was almost empty and since he didn’t seem like he was leaving any time soon, I filled up another and placed it in front of him, trying to avoid any eye contact. Suddenly, his hand snatched onto my wrist with a tight grip. Fear rose within me and the goose bumps on my arms became more prominent. He pulled me closer to him and I cringed. His lips hovered over my ear, his breath hitting the side of my neck, still gripping my wrist. I tried to wiggle out of it but his grip only tightened.

“Thanks, Christy.” He whispered; his tone was seductive and it just sent more chills running through my body. I scoffed, yanking my arm out of his grip. My face scrunched up in disgust and he smiled; clearly satisfied in the way I was reacting.

“How the hell do you know my name?” I whispered through gritted teeth. His smile turned mischievous.

“I have my ways.” He winked. He lifted his hand up and threw a wad of money on the bar. “See you around, baby.” He said, getting up from the bar stool he was sitting on.

“Don’t call me baby.” I said, disgust running through my veins. He was a creep; maybe not a murderous creep, but a creep. He smiled, knowing he was getting to me. I watched as he pushed his way through the crowd of people and heading out the door. He walked down the sidewalk, watching me through the window. Relief flooded over me as his moving figure vanished. I only had 3 more hours left on my shift and then I could go home and sleep it all away.

......

I wiped down the bar as fast as I could, wanting to go home. It was 3 AM and we weren’t allowed to leave until the bar was squeaky clean.

“So…” Katie nudged me with her elbow. “Harry?” I lifted my eyebrow at her. The smile on her face was wide and it looked like it hurt.

“Who?” I said, her smile vanishing at my cluelessness.

“You know…” She said, nudging me with her elbow once again. “Curly hair, gorgeous green eyes… Every sense of perfect.” Images of his dark, seductive eyes flashed in my mind and the cringes from earlier resurfaced.

“Ummm, no. He’s a total creep. He wouldn’t keep his eyes off of me. Just the thought of him gives me the creeps.” My body shook with chills and Katie giggled.