Chapter 17

Hammer/Julian

Could she honestly comprehend how my heart felt. How broken she made it? She claimed she did it for us, what did she do exactly?

I walked outside to the front and looked at the two cars that were surrounded by club members. All surveying the damage. And I know in my heart I can't walk away. I love her to much. 

I refuse to be like my parents.

"Hammer, come look at this." Needles pointed out. King was right beside him looking at Sam's lifeless body hanging out the car.

"What?"

"Hammer, watch that tone." King said. "Looks like your girl here stumbled onto something a little more than what we thought originally."

"There lying on the seat." Needles pointed out to a stack of paper.

There were pictures of CoralAnne and the places she had been. And pictures of.... no it couldn't be. Why would he have pictures of.... holy fucking shit.... 

I walked back into the main house with everyone following me. Went right up to her uncle and punched him square in the face.

Switch got up in my face bit to my gratitude, King got a hold of him.

"You got some explaining to do old man?" I seethed out.

CoralAnne came up to us but Toby grabbed her and moved away.

"What are you talking about?" Her uncle asked me.

"You were there. That night you were there. How could you? How could you stand and watch? She is your blood, your niece."

"Hammer what the hell are you going on about?" Switch asks trying his best to break free from King's hold.

"Needles, show him."

Needles handed the pictures to Switch.  And one by one he saw. His face turning white then green then to pure red.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! SHE'S MY DAUGHTER! HOW COULD YOU?"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY HUH? YOU WERE THE ONE THAT ABANDONED HER. BESIDES SHE WAS ALWAYS A TEASE. SO WHAT IF WE HAD OUR FUN WITH HER? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WERE GONNA BE THERE. I'M SURPRISED SHE EVEN CAME HERE."  Her uncle lashed out.

"Hammer,please, what the hell is going on?" CoralAnne cried out.

Hell I forgot she was in the room. For some reason her dad handed her the pictures. My only thought was that she needed to stay calm because of the baby.

I moved to her side and reached for her. Toby stood close by. But she turned and placed herself in my arms. I felt her sobs. Then feel the intake of her breathing.

"How could you?" She said cold toned and tense. "How could you do this to me?"

I thought she was gonna do something anything actually but she didn't. Instead the only thing we heard was a bang and then his body hitting the floor.

All eyes turned to where the sound came from.  There in the middle of the room stood her father. His gun still out in the open.

As he lowered his arm and holstered his gun he looked at CoralAnne."I'm so sorry." His eyes full of sweat. "That's no brother of mine. Blood or non blood. Oath or non oath. What he did, is unfathomable. I only hope you can forgive me one day."

"Daddy stop!" She moved out of my grasp and over to him. "This is not your fault. You didn't do that to me. He did. He set it up, he watched the whole thing. It is his penance now. Not yours. Never was. You didn't know. So there is no reason to forgive you."