chapter 11

CoralAnne

It's been a few weeks since my Julian told me he loved me. And I couldn't be happier. Of course he still stayed in the main house and I had the one out back.

Every one inside the clubhouse new we were officially together and no I am his old lady, even though I'm younger. I tried calling him my old man once. That didn't go so well. Let's just say I was bent over a knee. (Heehee)

I got a phone call from a rodeo organization that wanted me to compete in the barrel run. I'm ok not great. So I said I would give it a go. On top of that they have this banquet that I have to attend. And its a formal affair where I have to dress up in a dress that reminds me of the Gone WithThe Wind.

I wonder what everyone would think if Julian shows up in his jeans and cut. Oh would that be a sight!

"What's got you all giddy over here?" I look and see both my pops and Julian walk in the barn together. Now come to think of it seeing my dad like that too. Wait I need to record this.

So before I turn around, I  set my phone on record and place it to where I will be able to record their reactions.

Here we go. "I got a call from a local rodeo organization and they want me to compete in the barrel races."

"That's  great. When is it?" My dad asked with a smile.

"In a month. But there's more. I need something from both of you and I hpe you can help."

The both said they would help with anything I needed. Oh what have they done to themselves.

"I have to attend a banquet after the competition and I have to get dressed up real fancy. And I need both the two of you to attend with me."

"How fancy we talking and why both of us.?" Julian asked.

"Well since we are not married dad has to be our chaperone and escort both of us. And the type of attire that HAS to be worn, well its the same as old southern belle style."

"Huh?" Dad and Julian asked.

"Watch the movies like Gone With The Wind. Those type of clothes. And remember you both have to do this. I have to be there and so do you. Ypu promise right?"

"Whatever you need baby girl." Julian said.

"Of course princess. We got you." Dad said.

"Just remember you said it." I said shaking my head.

Over the next couple of weeks. I got measurements from both Julian and my dad. I even got help with my measurements and sent them off.

I spent several hours working with Onyx on doing our practices. But I made sure never to push him that hard.  Some days, well most of the days I just had him trot around the course. I knew that when the time came he would be his freakishly fast self.

And what I was greatful the most is that when the competition ended I could just drive him 45 minutes home. The fair grounds were that close.

With that being said, I was sitting at the bar trying to teach dad and Julian how to prepare for the upcoming banquet.

It was mostly the dance that they had to work on. Trying to teach two big ass bikers this dance was horrible. They tripped over their feet so many times.

Just then the door was being pounded into and the guys got all stiff. They all looked on edge and the music died down. Gunner went to the door and saw a fed ex man holding several big ass boxes. Right away I knew what they were.

"I got it Gunner thanks." I said as I ran up to the door. Gunner and everyone else was still on edge but I signed for the packages and the delivery driver left.